Quantcast

Gathering thoughts

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
First off let me say i am sorry for not pulling a trick, Believe me it would not have been a pleasent sight. Plus i have only ridden 5 times in the last 18 months so i am starting from scratch. It was nice to win the bike. I feel like it was good karma for helping out friends and riders this weekend when they needed help. Give me some time and i promise i will pull a trick.

AJ, Steve and the rest of the GHY crew. You all did outstanding job putting this event together. I look forward in seeing some more events in the future.

To all the riders, you all gave us a great show and you have my thanks.

Dave at Center Cycle and Co-Sponser of the gathering. The store looks great and you are going to do some killer business. If you have not been to the new location. I reccomend checking it out.

Kyle at Transition Bikes. Thanks for answering my questions and what you did for that rider was a class act and it goes to show that the MTB community is more like neverending group of friends who will go out of there way to help out a fellow rider in need. Even if you have no clue as to who they are.

To the Kona crew, thanks for the swag

As for the bike i won, well i thought about selling it. But once i got it home and took a good look at it, I decided it would be an excellent bike to learn on.

I hope everyone enjoyed thereselves and until next time. I crash therefore I am

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I had a better time than I thought I would. I originally went to support GHY and to hang out with friends. Friday night was ok but Sat night was awesome. Maybe if the comp had started a bit earlier I could have got home before 2. Other than that, I thought it went great and all you guys did a great job especially considering this is your first event.
Thanks for bringing all the pros to town. I got to talk to quite a few of them and check out some sweet bikes.

let it flow

Chimp
Dec 24, 2004
Seattle
Nice job GHY! (edit: also Center Cycle and anyone else responsible for putting this on)

We had a great time at the DJ comp and the pro turnout was impressive. Well done...

Nov 21, 2003
Congratulations to AJ and Matt from GoHuckYourself and Steve from Center Cycle, who all put in much hard work, sweat, and stress over the past few months to put on this great event! It was spectacular! Very Professional! Hands down to you all and your supportive families and S.O.s!

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Thanks SpeedyBeaver! We really loved having you girls involved, I think you added much needed depth and versatility to our impromptu team for the event. Thanks so much for all your hard work and help in running the raffle, too!

We have more friends than we ever knew, and we were overwhelmed by our gratitude about that, more so even than how many pro riders we had here this weekend. I'm happy to say that many riders seeked us out to tell us how much fun they had and how they can't wait for next year's event already. All expressed thier confidence that we will do an even better job in the future, many of them are people like us who have been the promoter/organizer before, and could identify with how hard it was. No matter though, hard work is all good when it brings so much fun and so many good memories for everyone, we'll gladly do it all over again.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Captain Crunch said:
Thanks SpeedyBeaver! We really loved having you girls involved, I think you added much needed depth and versatility to our impromptu team for the event. Thanks so much for all your hard work and help in running the raffle, too!

We have more friends than we ever knew, and we were overwhelmed by our gratitude about that, more so even than how many pro riders we had here this weekend. I'm happy to say that many riders seeked us out to tell us how much fun they had and how they can't wait for next year's event already. All expressed thier confidence that we will do an even better job in the future, many of them are people like us who have been the promoter/organizer before, and could identify with how hard it was. No matter though, hard work is all good when it brings so much fun and so many good memories for everyone, we'll gladly do it all over again.
All of us Beavers were happy to help. Thanks for letting us be a part of it! :D

stacy1

Chimp
Sep 14, 2004
OFF 410
Congrats to everyone who help put on this event. I hope that this is a pattern of what is to come. The MC's weren't feeding off each other very well, maybe one mc for the future events. Thanks again for the great show.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
someone post the results.
I guess my friend Carl got first in AM. kick ass. He normaly rides a bmx bike and is one of the main shovel pushers at greenlake.

he got the bike he rode in the contest the day of the contest. not bad.

if he had time to, or cared enough, he could have entered pro and done well. I didn't see the pros ride but I've seen Carl ride and he in no way sucks on a bike. :)

Huckermatt

Chimp
Sep 14, 2003
South Lake, WA
We are working on results as we speak, they should be up at GHY in a few days if not sooner, thanks to everyone that helped out. We all had a blast meeting the pro's and hanging out with the industry. Thanks to all the bike shops that helped out with the pro purse. we will be sending a full event page around soon for good stuff and proper thanks. And yes Carl Buchanan beat out all the canadians for 1st, and props to Trevor Louviere for taking 4th place (GHY MOB MEMBER YO!) :drool:

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
well i thought it was pretty rad. however, I was unable to even clear the first double. I was kinda going into the whole thing blindly though. it was the first time jumping big doubles like that. and i just wasn't able to get the speed up to clear it. next year though. i ended up spraining my right ankle when I bailed on my third run. which, then i decided to drop out. oh well.

I thought it was pretty good. hopefully next year they'l still closer to schedule, and be able to keep everything a little more organized. I thought the park competition was just way too long. we decided to bail after the first runs of the open class.

All in all, it was pretty sick.

pnj said:
someone post the results.
I guess my friend Carl got first in AM. kick ass. He normaly rides a bmx bike and is one of the main shovel pushers at greenlake.

he got the bike he rode in the contest the day of the contest. not bad.

if he had time to, or cared enough, he could have entered pro and done well. I didn't see the pros ride but I've seen Carl ride and he in no way sucks on a bike. :)

Carl is the man, I met him a few years ago at greenlake and he jumped on my S-works DH and riped through the big line...hes sick!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Skookum said:
You didn't have any X-large t-shirts for sale. :mad:
You wouldn't need an XL. They size pretty big...I have a large left...let me know if you want it and I will hold it aside for you!!!! :thumb:

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
It is in the shop right now getting the spokes tensioned, I am probably going to break it out this weekend depending on weather. If it is decent I will probably hit SST on my Cowan otherwise i may do some Seattle or Tacoma urban.

huckerAJ

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Thanks to all who enjoyed and rode in the event. More thanks to Matt who helped get GHY off the ground, Steve who arranged tons of stuff that no one saw, all the sponsors and Red Bull for the Go-Cart session OH YA!!! The MC's did tons of work the judges who did it all for fun and it probably wasnt ALL fun. Thanks to all and theres a teaser from Madison STYLE Sylte on www.gohuckyourself.com