Quantcast

Gatorade Fitness Water?

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
What is this stuff. How can they make Fitness water without making it like a normal gatorade flavor? What does it tast like? Dose it do much?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Originally posted by Endo Verendo
It's flavored sugar water. Not enough good carbs to do anything. Not enough vitamins to do anything.
Vitamins don't do *hit unless you have a vitamin deficiency (which most American don't usually face). If your body already has enough, extra doesn't mean better. The majority of nutritional products are complete marketing hype and worthless. If you ever see one with some "scientific study" quoted as supporting them check who funded it, was it a placebo controlled double blind randomized, cross over design study, confirmed by other studies, and published in a peer reviewed journal. Alot of studies fail in a variety of these aspects and are utter bull*hit.

A big factor is mental. 30-40% of people respond to placebo (you gave them no drugs/no vitamins etc and they still improved).

I always find it funny how all these products are coming out aimed at middle aged women with extra calcium, when people cannot absorb it at that age. Your body reaches peak Ca levels in your mid twenties and goes down from then on (rate depends on sex). So far they haven't conclusive found any treatment to boost the Ca levels.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I thought it had electrolites at least thats what i think it's called it contains the stuff the you loose through sweeting like salt and other things in your blood.

gecko

I'm Batman
Jun 28, 2001
Toronto, Canada
Originally posted by JMAC
I thought it had electrolites at least thats what i think it's called it contains the stuff the you loose through sweeting like salt and other things in your blood.
Right on, that was my impression as well.