Quantcast

gauging interest:on the spot photos of you

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well i am thinking about starting a small enterprise. I would travel to events including downhill, urban, and whatever comes along and shoot photos the whole time. I will then print up a contact sheet so people can see the photos from the event and then they can get an 8x10, 5x7, 4x6 print for a small fee. they would leave with the print that day in on a backerboard (like a comic book) i have seen this done before but was not terribly impressed with the photographers shots. The prices would be as follows:
8x10-12 or 15
5x7-8
4x6-5

would anyone actually want a cool pic of themselves competing?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
well i am thinking about starting a small enterprise. I would travel to events including downhill, urban, and whatever comes along and shoot photos the whole time. I will then print up a contact sheet so people can see the photos from the event and then they can get an 8x10, 5x7, 4x6 print for a small fee. they would leave with the print that day in on a backerboard (like a comic book) i have seen this done before but was not terribly impressed with the photographers shots. The prices would be as follows:
8x10-12 or 15
5x7-8
4x6-5

That is a great idea Ben, but I always see someone at the events already, but another wouldn't hurt. I bet with all the tourism traffic you get in your area you could just go to local hot spots and do ok on a busy weekend.
N Mills, Dupont, Bent Creek etc etc

Not to mention those MX and offroad guys on Brown Mountain. Take a few pics, go for a ride, take some pics, go for a ride.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
That is a great idea Ben, but I always see someone at the events already, but another wouldn't hurt. I bet with all the tourism traffic you get in your area you could just go to local hot spots and do ok on a busy weekend.
N Mills, Dupont, Bent Creek etc etc

Not to mention those MX and offroad guys on Brown Mountain. Take a few pics, go for a ride, take some pics, go for a ride.

word homey. i figured i could do all kinds of events. everything from riding to off road events to ski or snowboard stuff.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
word homey. i figured i could do all kinds of events. everything from riding to off road events to ski or snowboard stuff.
Cool, and then you could umm SEND THEM THE HIRESOLUTION COPY OF THE PICTURE you asked for 18 months ago! :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
biggins said:
8x10-12 or 15
5x7-8
4x6-5

I'd hit that ****.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Cool, and then you could umm SEND THEM THE HIRESOLUTION COPY OF THE PICTURE you asked for 18 months ago! :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu

uhm which hi res did ya want numbnuts?

also my new printer is very high resolution.

J

JRB

I was thinking about a crappy christmas lights thread. It was just Thanksgiving yesterday and I saw 2 really bad ones. Time to put the camera in the truck.

Let's see the pics Biggins.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
werd ive got it on a disk ill email it to ya. what about the naked pictures of niki and erin kissing didya wanna see those to? pm me your e-mail.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
loco said:
I was thinking about a crappy christmas lights thread. It was just Thanksgiving yesterday and I saw 2 really bad ones. Time to put the camera in the truck.

Let's see the pics Biggins.
i will have to wait until i get home, thats where the disks are.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
biggins said:
Shouldn't you live somewhere near mountains if you're going to include skiing and boarding? :think:

Flagstaff isn't the right place for that, methinks......

-S.S.-

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
SkaredShtles said:
Shouldn't you live somewhere near mountains if you're going to include skiing and boarding? :think:

Flagstaff isn't the right place for that, methinks......

-S.S.-

damn fishing this time of year?kinda cold isnt it? :cool:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well i just like to tease rob. erin and niki are two very hot women that rode with us one weekend when rob was up here.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
if you want to make money with photography shoot weddings. selling prints at bike events is not an ultimately profitable idea imo...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well, im just lookin for ways to replace my gas money and stuff not really make a career out of it. besides i hate weddings. lol

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Toshi said:
if you want to make money with photography shoot weddings. selling prints at bike events is not an ultimately profitable idea imo...
amen brother ;)

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
Good idea... I know I guy that used to pull that same deal at hockey/soccer tourney and make good cash. If the photos are quality and you have samples there, they'll sell themselves.

Good luck!

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
me likey pictures....get a couple shots of each guy during their race run...ie multiple cameras

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Ben, go check out a big cheerleading comp to see how they handle the photo thing. Alot of them do on the spot prints for the wack job moms but some just take orders at the comp and ship them later. I've read something like 30-40k pics taken in a weekend at some of the bigger events. You should find a sport/activity where the parents are obsessed, that should convert to sales if you're just looking to make a buck.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mike B. said:
Ben, go check out a big cheerleading comp to see how they handle the photo thing. Alot of them do on the spot prints for the wack job moms but some just take orders at the comp and ship them later. I've read something like 30-40k pics taken in a weekend at some of the bigger events. You should find a sport/activity where the parents are obsessed, that should convert to sales if you're just looking to make a buck.
werd, this is kinda put on hold right now. i was intending to offer on the spot quality prints for purchase. there would be no waiting.