Quantcast

Gauging interest

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
After much debating and talking with friends it is decided that i do not need 2 hardtails. I feel more comfortable on my Cowan anyways(If i could just get myself out of my head i can do more things on it) Anyways i digress.

Some of you know, i won a Diamond Back Assault at the Gathering. I have one person thinking about buying it. But if they cannot do it. Would any one be interested in trading a f/s frame straight across for it. I am looking for something like a 2002 med bullet or a 2003 med stinky frame.

The bike has only seen 3 rides, 1 urban and 2 SST rides. The only things i have done to it is remove all the stickers on it(they look stupid) and i put a spring into the right leg of the Dirt Jam(its worse then a rock shox indy otherwise).

Thanks.

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
The other person could not buy. So i am listing it.

2005 Diamond Back Assault.
Specd as follows

Marzocchi Dirt Jam
Truvativ hussfelt single ring with box guide.
Sram X7 rear derailluar and shifter
Sun S-type rims with no name hubs
Hayes MX 2 disc with 6 inch rotors
Tiaoga Stem
Answer bars
Truvative seatpost
dirt jumping saddle

Looking to trade for a med 2002 Bullet frame or an med. 03 Stinky
thanks

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
I prefer a trade if i can get away with it. I don't think i couls get what i want for it. I am not asking retail. But i do have a fair price in mind. It is just easier to do a if i can get what i want. As ofr listing it in buy and sell. I will list it on the our boards B&S but not the main. I want to deal with someone local. Less headaches.

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
To be honest it is the worst fork marzocchi ever made at least if your a large rider and if i was going to keep the bike, i would put at least a DJ3 on it. I put it on par with a Rock Shox Indy. So Jason at Old Town Bicycle put a psylo spring in for me. Its better now, but if your use to a top end fork, it is just not the same

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
Here is the description from Marzocchi.

TARGET WEIGHT
(without steer tube) 2470 g.
DAMPING SYSTEM

* One side: Open Bath SSV System w/Air
* One side: Long Coil

ADJUSTABILITY

* PL
* One side: External Air Preload

SPRING TYPE

* One side: Long Coil Spring
* One side: Air

TRAVEL 100mm
STANCHIONS
(inner legs)

* Ø 32mm CR-MO Steel
* Nitrite Black

STEER TUBE Reinforced Steel
DISC BRAKE MOUNT XC INTL STD 6" Rotor Setup
DROP-OUT TYPE Standard

what we did was put a spring in the right leg and added a little more oil I have never ridden a Judy TT.But all i can say is that the compression and rebound is fast. The other spring was added so it would not bottom out.

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
Nevermind i am no longer interested in selling or trading it. I am going to tear it down and use the rims, crank/boxguide, deraillieur, and shifter on my next build. I am going to give the frame to a deserving friend of mine. As for the brakes,fork, bar and stem i have no idea what i am going to do with them yet.