Quantcast

Gave her some sexier legs.....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
bought a -new to me- z150 for a killer deal this week to replace the aging '00 Z1. this fork handles like a dream and, since it is an air model, is actually lighter than the old Z1.

i thought the old fork was pretty tuneable...but this thing brings it to a whole new level. several tuning options that can actually be felt with just a twist of a knob and a wide range of "dialing" capabilities with the pos/neg air chambers.

i took it out to the dirt jumps today and had a blast with it, i can tell a huge difference from the Z1 with the HSCV damping, it's nowhere near as harsh on rough landings.

anyway.....it's not very often that i get a new toy but this one seems to have been a good choice :thumb: :D

up close (and yes, i know my cables are crazy long, i left them that way for learning X-ups)

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Do you still have the 00 Z1? i would be interested in buying it from you, i need a cheap strong fork... anything with the words 'marzocchi' on it are going to be better than the Judy im running now. (I broke my black) :(

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
sorry, i traded in the Z1 as part of the deal. The guy i bought it from runs a small bike shop that deals in used stuff and repairs, he's on RM....lemme find his info and i'll post it so you can PM him, he'll probably let it go pretty cheap.

edit: PM wheeliemart about the Z1

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, it drops down to like 80mm or it might be less. worked well while climbing back up the trail yesterday. i had a '01 Z1 that had the ECC stuff too...but i blew it out in about a month, this one seems to be a little more perfected.