Quantcast

Gay family members or in laws?

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Meh, tell your fam to suck it up. It's not like homosexuality is a new phenomenon, whether they approve or not they need to learn to live in harmony with people of all kinds anyway. Period.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ridemonkey said:
Meh, tell your fam to suck it up. It's not like homosexuality is a new phenomenon, whether they approve or not they need to learn to live in harmony with people of all kinds anyway. Period.
They should just tell them that Alexander the Great was gay.

He was Great. And he kicked all kinds of a$$.

That should set them at ease.

:D

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Cooter Brown said:
my wife's sister is gay and his boyfriend is a black guy, so they're gay and an interracial couple, makes for some interesting situations in redneck oklahoma for sure
i call photoshop!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I'm not married, but my sense is that a marriage is for two people and the wedding is for everyone else. If you don't want to deal with these issues, don't have a big wedding. I disagree that your marriage won't work because of family members. Unless, of course, you think your spouse feels the same way but won't admit it.

Chunky, your view is well-articulated and thoughtful but if you change "gay" to "black" in some of the things you say it would be pretty easy to see why it would be offensive. "That element"? Come on.

Your god tells you not to judge other people. What would you be doing by backing out of a marriage because a family member is gay?

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Jeremy R said:
No way.
We say "Aunt Tim" as well.
He is not a flamer:redhot: though, and is a super nice guy so its not as fun.

HA HA!

yeah, same here, really cool guy and we hang out with em and stay at their place whenever we're in dallas. sometimes it gets a little weird, but they keep the gay schit on the DL when we're around