Quantcast

gay wedding, legalizing it or not

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Well if something should ever happen to me - like a bike accident in the middle of the woods where I might become incapacitated it would be nice to have someone to make critical descisions based on my wishes. I do not want to be kept alive by any artificial means but if my mom was involved she would keep my brain in a jar for years... no matter what I might want. Anyhow there are so many more issues than just financial gain.

My divorce wasn't that painful... no kids and we both made about the same amount of $$$. My share was $550.00, no drama at all.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by Triphop
I get the feeling that marriage, in your view, should be stricken from all gov't business. (see my point above)
Yes, the guv'ment should be stricken from all lifestyle and morality judgements except in the case of clear societal harm. Two guys shacking up and practicing sodomy in new and usual ways isn't going to be the end of Western civilization.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Yes, the guv'ment should be stricken from all lifestyle and morality judgements except in the case of clear societal harm. Two guys shacking up and practicing sodomy in new and usual ways isn't going to be the end of Western civilization.
Hippie!!! :D

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Originally posted by Zoso
I wasn't able to find a specific definition of marriage, but it is always discussed in terms of men and woman. More importantly, I bet the article failed to mention Leviticus chap. 20, vrs. 13, which states:

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Punishment for any sin is death. Only through the grace of God and his Son Jesus Christ are we spared. Makes lots of things in life seem a lot less important.
i think the rules for this post are NO PREACHING!!! NO FORUM-VANGELIST PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEE

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by ALEXIS_DH
i think the rules for this post are NO PREACHING!!! NO FORUM-VANGELIST PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEE
well the thread led to descussion of what was in the bible........

I thought he was adding to the discussion with it.

I don't feel it was exactly preaching.

nydave

Chimp
May 8, 2003
Orange Co. NY
Wedding= one born at birth dude forming a union with a real chick , ya know, blah blah had a baby daughter kind of girl. And they want to screw each other and have babies and well..you get the picture.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Originally posted by RhinofromWA
well the thread led to descussion of what was in the bible........

I thought he was adding to the discussion with it.

I don't feel it was exactly preaching.

well, i was just kinding.

but actually, things started to look more like a bible study in last posts. :confused:

i just dont think the bible should be use to back up arguments in the political forum.

i mean, i could use "where is waldo" if it had the same religious value for me, as the bible have for others. i mean, i could find anything to back up my argument, as far as i believe it has supernatural authority. thats no debate.

so, to level the terrain, i propose the US constitution and law system can be used.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by ALEXIS_DH
i just dont think the bible should be use to back up arguments in the political forum.
I could not disagree more.

And I hope that others are encouraged to use any material that, if not accepted by many, atleast recognized by all. Religion is an extremely political entity and since many religions have a bible of some sort, it's totally acceptable to quote from it just like any laws on the books.