Quantcast

Gear up the MASH reruns

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
If I buy a diesel it will be used, and either be a rabbit pickup or a vanagon diesel, or I suppose possibly a BMW or Volvo diesel wagon. I just have no need for a huge truck, and new ones are so freaking expensive.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If I buy a diesel it will be used, and either be a rabbit pickup or a vanagon diesel, or I suppose possibly a BMW or Volvo diesel wagon. I just have no need for a huge truck, and new ones are so freaking expensive.
$7200 as it sits (minus the moto):

I get 18mpg on average and I haven't done any mods yet. I could get as much as 22mpg when I'm all done. Even with my daughters car seat (huge Recaro), all 3 of us in the cab is roomy. I can fit both quads, my dirt bike, and my camping box of gear in the bed with the tailgate shut.

Only downfall it it's a foot too long to fit in the garage.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Ford Focus has been on par for a bit now, according to what I've read. Im sure someone will chime in with some allegedly contradictory evidence stating otherwise, but they are pretty nice little cars.

And besides, as a man you should be driving a Ranger anyway.
My experience is purely anecdotal...and a single data point....but a buddy has one and doesn't like it. Not exactly scientific...

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
If N. Korea is dismantled who will be the new spokes person for the LL Bean winter jacket.

Are those extra big hats supposed to make up for the fact those people are fuggin' midgets??

It'd be like going to war with Willy Wonka and the Oompa Loompas

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If I buy a diesel it will be used, and either be a rabbit pickup or a vanagon diesel,
vanagon diesels are few and far between...if they exist at all....and the engine in it will put out 40-50 hp at the max....they have all the aerodynamics of a shed...i think you'd be losing money.

diesel rabbits and rabbit pickups are getting to be over priced....sometimes you can find a cheap one..

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
vanagon diesels are few and far between...if they exist at all....and the engine in it will put out 40-50 hp at the max....they have all the aerodynamics of a shed...i think you'd be losing money.

diesel rabbits and rabbit pickups are getting to be over priced....sometimes you can find a cheap one..
I may well have the name of the diesel VW van Im thinking of wrong, but I see them every so often. Did they offer the Eurovan in diesel? That'd be nice.

Some dude here in town wanted to trade a rabbit pickup for the pickup I have now, but I couldnt go through with it as it wasnt in real hot shape aesthetically.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I may well have the name of the diesel VW van Im thinking of wrong, but I see them every so often. Did they offer the Eurovan in diesel? That'd be nice.

Some dude here in town wanted to trade a rabbit pickup for the pickup I have now, but I couldnt go through with it as it wasnt in real hot shape aesthetically.
eurovans...not sure..

i thought diesel vanagons were unicorns until i found one.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
diesel eurovans were euro only....

a syncro vanagon would be nice...front and rear diff locks

a diesel one would be even better.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
$7200 as it sits (minus the moto):

I get 18mpg on average and I haven't done any mods yet. I could get as much as 22mpg when I'm all done. Even with my daughters car seat (huge Recaro), all 3 of us in the cab is roomy. I can fit both quads, my dirt bike, and my camping box of gear in the bed with the tailgate shut.

Only downfall it it's a foot too long to fit in the garage.
I am so jealous of that truck!!!

If it had an extended cab I would come and steal it from you.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I used to see this van all the time when I was a kid painted exactly like Gravedigger. Can you imagine the ho's you could pull in that thing in 1986?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Just don't get the diesel version.... they tend to be handgrenades. :(
They're all over the place here in Vancouver. Not sure how they'd hold up back east. I doubt any mechanics would know what to do with them either...

They sure look cool though.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Yeah pretty cool... Can be a bit tippy though off road and on reverse camber corners.
not much weight over the rear axles so the back can step out a bit I found in ice or wet roads.
But in general the petrol ones give good bang for the buck. :)