Quantcast

Gear Whores.....Being Color Matching in 3....2.....1...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
they have about 500 hundred color combos that are all looking good...didn't wanna post too many...the links are to the main pages for each style.
Check out the redesigned helmet...the main page for it shows the details much better in other paint schemes.
My favorite is always the Attack series, but the Combat and tank look great for hitting up Whistler...ride in the pants in the AM or the mud...zip off the lowers for the rest of the day.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
be sportin all that purty red and snow white stuff on your next trip to the rock.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
dhbuilder said:
be sportin all that purty red and snow white stuff on your next trip to the rock.
Damn.

Last year it was a cell phone and now its the internet. Next thing you'll have a new fangled palm pilot up on the hill to show where all the next trails will be - including topography, soil stratifications and barametric pressures all the way down. :)

doug
-(I'll thow in a gay smilie to show the love and respect. I really have missed not being up there this year)

edit: and the clothing is neato-topredo too.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
dhbuilder said:
So who all is working on the trails up there these days? Last time I rode Trail #1, it could use some mattock work. (Not hating...just love that trail) After riding Snowshoe this weekend, I got a new respect for how hard they work their trails. They took a mattock to the whole Pro course after the National and it was awesome what it did to get rid of all the old beat up ruts. A mattock on Trail 1 would give me wood... :heart:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
bizutch said:
oooohhh...just spotted the Misfits kit!!! SWEET!
love the Misfits, just wonder why they gotta whore out so much. they must need the cash. i suppose i would sell out that much if i could, but nobody wants to buy crap with my name or logo (which i don't even have).

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
trail 1 is going to get a make over as soon as we stop riding this year. the goal is to make a new exit starting just before the steep section. with a deep droping left turn with a big radius. hopefully to give you that surfing feel. the new exit will run along paralell with the spine, and then coming together right before the double across the creek at the bottom. trust me it WILL be fast and steep. don't worry we'll have it wired by the time ya'll see it next year.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
me - myself - and I. terry jeffers and mark ziska were responsible for alot of what was built this past winter(southernrocks, the chutes etc...) and i'm sure their help will be forthcomming again in just a few months. around early feb. when it's 12 degrees out side at 7am. when everyone else is home in the fart sack we'll be up here "testing".

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
dhbuilder said:
me - myself - and I. terry jeffers and mark ziska were responsible for alot of what was built this past winter(southernrocks, the chutes etc...) and i'm sure their help will be forthcomming again in just a few months. around early feb. when it's 12 degrees out side at 7am. when everyone else is home in the fart sack we'll be up here "testing".
you need to let me know when you want to have a trail day to repair trails bro. I've got an email list of over 300 people to send out that info to. I'm sure I can get a good 5-10 people up to help clean and drain.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
every weekend between dec. and early march. sat. and sun. and most weds. i can't expect ya'll to drive that far to do trail work. thats why i don't ask. this season i'm going to limit the amount of people who work up here.(too many cooks etc...) but experienced builders will always be welcome.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
dhbuilder said:
every weekend between dec. and early march. sat. and sun. and most weds. i can't expect ya'll to drive that far to do trail work. thats why i don't ask. this season i'm going to limit the amount of people who work up here.(too many cooks etc...) but experienced builders will always be welcome.
what? limit the builders...you could have 30 people on that mountain every weekend and they'd barely make a dent. You're kidding right? Why on earth would you do that?
I'd kill to have people offering to dig trails if I had that much acreage to work with....especially in a place like Windrock. The hillbillies on 4 wheelers gut that place on a daily basis and nobody cares what they do.

bizutch said:
what? limit the builders...you could have 30 people on that mountain every weekend and they'd barely make a dent. You're kidding right? Why on earth would you do that?
I'd kill to have people offering to dig trails if I had that much acreage to work with....especially in a place like Windrock. The hillbillies on 4 wheelers gut that place on a daily basis and nobody cares what they do.

If DHbuilder is Joey then i'll gander that its more work to fix botched trail building than to be slow and patient and do it by himself and or limited crew.
Hence the "cooking and chef" analogy.

Not everyone is a master builder like you Sir Butch.
I know i'm not but i do my part when i can.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I know I'm asking for trouble with this, but there are two fellas that got some priviledges revoked and I can't understand why. There is out of control trail building which NO ONE wants, but I think there is enough room on the hill side to still have a couple different view points.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i guess i wasn't too clear. there are some "other"trails being built up there that are working there way down into the area we have been givin. i know it's alot of land, but i'm not going to give it up to trails that aren't condusive to d.h. bikes. the area where our trails are, is the only area that i can legally "police" to keep the motorized traffic off of. the other trail builders don't look at the terrain with the proper d.h. experience needed to fully utilize the lay of the land. i know i'll be taking alot of heat locally for that decision. but i've never really cared for what people think or say about me. x-c trails are a dime a dozen and i don't have room for them here.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
it's not that there "priviledge has been revoked" it's just that there is a history of trails built that nobody rides. i don't have so much land that i can keep allowing that happen. brian and mark have been absolutely vital in developing and building "snakerock" trail. their skills are beyond reproach. but they need help getting things to flow properly. you're not in trouble you just need to remember this is the east coast. and it's not easy to build the style of trail you are looking for. lets see what i can make happen this winter.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
dhbuilder said:
you just need to remember this is the east coast. and it's not easy to build the style of trail you are looking for.
I'm looking for courses that prepare me for national level competition. In fact that was what Windrock was created as those many years ago. I know my place on the mountain (shuttle truck) and I don't offer more for various reasons and I'm okay with that and I know you are too. So I'm not going to say much about what should and shouldn't happen up there. But other than Trail 1, Snakerock is the best trail we have for that preperation. I was super impressed with Mark and Brian's efforts on Snakerock last year and I was amped this year to see some much needed changes. However I am bummed to see their view point and man hours deminished for whatever reason.

I ride the certain trails up there that I do, because I'm trying to put in place skills that will help me come race weekends. In fact, I love that the spine has developed braking bumps. You have got to know how to deal with those. They are EVERYWHERE on race courses.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
you're worth a helluva lot more to me than a shuttle truck.(but it is the biggest horse we have) and if i were alot younger i'd be hitting all the big races too. but i would focus my training on being able to "wire" trails like darkhollow-southernrocks-the chutes-railyard. learning a fast consistant pace on stuff like that is what would give me the mental toughness to look at any other course and snicker. smoothness and consistancy will always make a faster overall e.t. than pinning it and risk getting off line and flatting-crashing or just losing your rythem. but to each his own. if i can have the re-work of trail 1 turn out the way i want it. then all the political bickering that happens every time i open my mouth will be worth it.(but it's getting real old.) i know some of you are wondering how this thread got off track, but thats just the way it goes.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
oh yeah; i know you and i are digging the breaking chatter on the spine, but i bet some folks are puckering big time about halfway down it.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
dhbuilder said:
but i would focus my training on being able to "wire" trails like darkhollow-southernrocks-the chutes-railyard. learning a fast consistant pace on stuff like that is what would give me the mental toughness to look at any other course and snicker.
It just ain't so. Those trails are nothing like race courses and I don't practice them for that reason. However the trails at Windrock do prep you well for not being scared. But I'm past that point now.

dhbuilder said:
smoothness and consistancy will always make a faster overall e.t. than pinning it and risk getting off line and flatting-crashing or just losing your rythem.
Thats okay for the expert class, but in the semi-pro class you just can't be smooth and consistent. You have to be on the ragged edge at every second. There's always someone faster. Thats why I push myself so hard and crash all the time at Windrock. I use what I've learned from those limits to only have one crash in 13 races this year. At Windrock on the weekends, I could ride much more consistent and smooth and never crash, but that doesn't cut it for the level of competition I see every weekend.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
point very well made. but the rock is the rock. the mt. does more to dictate the trail style than anything else. look at the difference between snowshoe and here and all the other kickass places you've ridden this year. fall line trails are what i like to ride and fall line trails are what this place is full of.so guess what? but hey; i gotta freshly rebuilt mojo cartridge in the boxxer and a new fox dhx. spent last weekend tuning them to each other and can't wait to go rip it up again this weekend.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Monkeybidnezz said:
Stuff looks nice...Is it just me, or does their logo look very similar to the Spalding logo?
blasphemy...burn him......

Oops...sorry...I personally like the mustard Yellow & Brown Attack series alot too that Millsap is shown running.
The electric red that Windham sported is pretty tits. Hardest thing next year will be picking a color?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Just keep in mind Joey...a dictatorship only makes 1 guy happy.
The people that fuel the success of Windrock with attendance, money or effort in trailbuilding should have a voice in what trails they'd like to see developed too.
Otherwise, you'll build yourself a 1 man toilet.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i don't know how i can say this and make ya'll understand. so here i go again. i started here 5yrs. and many thousands of dollars ago to build DOWN HILL TRAILS. what is happening is the people i gave permission to build the snake rock trail have taken it upon themselves to go outside of the area the coal creek mining co. and the w.rock a.t.v. club gave me to develop DOWN HILL TRAILS on. i have worked with these two groups and have forged a working relationship that turned out to be something i'm very proud of. 80% of the physical effort,100% of the political effort and 95% of the money spent here has all come from me. and i would do it all over again if i had to. NOBODY loves these trails more than me. a lot of blood- sweat and soul went into this place long before any of you guys knew it was even here. and if you think i'm going to let a x-c oriented trail take up room that i might develop into something else, well ya'll are nuts. not to mention that it's going to open up a "back door" for some of the m.x. guys to access the area. those guys are already looking around every weekend trying to figure out how they can get past the waterfall. all it would take is just a couple of them in there during the week when nobody is there and 5yrs. of work would be wasted. i'm not up here building "all trails for all riders" i'm building serious DOWN HILL trails for serious d.h. riders. the trail that they are bringing in is just the tail end of a trail he has been busting his butt on for almost a year now. and he has full permission to bring it in. but that's it. after that it has to morph back into the d.h. trail system. and he's doing a great job of doing just that. all i'm doing is making sure that any more new trails have a d.h. pitch and proper flow. something they can't quite grasp. i hope to pull them back into "the fold"(which they should have never left anyway.) and show them how better to read the lay of the land. trust me i know what i'm doing. and if it turns into a one man toilet just think of the maintainence burden it would take off my shoulders. i'm totally blown away by the political firestorm this has caused. all i want is to have a place to ride, so i go out and get a slice of a kickass mt. and alienate all the people i'm doing this for. it's no wonder the racing scene is dissapearing at a rapid rate in the south. i love all you guys who come here and ride the rock, but you make it pretty hard sometimes.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I think what Butch is trying to say is that if you opened your circle a little you might get some people to help you maintain what can't even be maintained right now. But when people come out and offer their time to help, they want to have a little of themselves in the trail. I for one would do more maintainence on the Rock, such as Trail 1, but I don't because I figure my benching and berming wouldn't be approved and it would create more trouble than it solved. So I stay away from that arena. I assume others are in the same boat. Which is a shame because you've way too many trails to keep up by yourself. When Butch built that stuff at Sugar and I was the first to ride it after he left for the day, he PMed me right away and asked how it road and for suggestions.

I wasn't around for the Haw incident, but this sounds an awful lot like it. But in reverse.

:) (this means no hostility)

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
bizutch said:
blasphemy...burn him......

Oops...sorry...I personally like the mustard Yellow & Brown Attack series alot too that Millsap is shown running.
The electric red that Windham sported is pretty tits. Hardest thing next year will be picking a color?
Hey, don't tell me it doesn't look like it in all honesty though. I'm not flaming the product...but for that reason alone I would have a hard time purchasing it. I remember the first time I saw it I thought way back when an thought "Wtf...who would wear Spalding, so ghetto?!?!?!?!!?" :sneaky:

Props to their line up though, it looks nice.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
man i hope you know there's no hostility on this end either, in fact i hope you're home this weekend to ride. haw ridge all boiled down to those people not being able to handle their skill limits thrown in their face by folks with those scary full face helmets. i've gotten three phone calls from people who have been watching this thread. two were wondering why i was even defending myself to you two. and the other was from one of the trail builders ya'll are looking out for.he (and the other one too) are in my court on this one. i talked with them about this face to face and they know where i'm comming from on this subject. and this is my last statement here on this thread. snow shoe is snowshoe, sugar is sugar, diablo is diablo and so on. and windrock is thankfully windrock.it's a trail system of my creation and i'm as proud of it as anything i've ever done in the mt.bike world. i've sacrificed more than i'll ever tell you about to have this little slice of heaven and i make no apologies for controling its growth the way i do. so lets all shut the hell up and ride.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Poor Butch, he started this thread off just to display No Fear's new retina stinging red polyester, and BOOYA, just like that it turns into another Southeast rant extravaganza. Well, it is a new week, so our rant is mandatory.
See you guys on the trails where the riding is always good. :thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
dhbuilder said:
man i hope you know there's no hostility on this end either, in fact i hope you're home this weekend to ride. haw ridge all boiled down to those people not being able to handle their skill limits thrown in their face by folks with those scary full face helmets. i've gotten three phone calls from people who have been watching this thread. two were wondering why i was even defending myself to you two. and the other was from one of the trail builders ya'll are looking out for.he (and the other one too) are in my court on this one. i talked with them about this face to face and they know where i'm comming from on this subject. and this is my last statement here on this thread. snow shoe is snowshoe, sugar is sugar, diablo is diablo and so on. and windrock is thankfully windrock.it's a trail system of my creation and i'm as proud of it as anything i've ever done in the mt.bike world. i've sacrificed more than i'll ever tell you about to have this little slice of heaven and i make no apologies for controling its growth the way i do. so lets all shut the hell up and ride.
...it was the toilet comment wasn't it...I knew it...thought that might push it.... :sneaky: