Quantcast

geared eastern?

TheRiddler

Chimp
Aug 23, 2009
anybody every seen one of the eastern mtbs geared? the price makes the thunderbird real tempting, but i need something i can put gears on. I was thinking trying blackmrkts slide in derailleur hangers, but im not sure if their only compatable with their bikes.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Not sure about the blackmarket thing but I had an Eastern DJ4 and it came with a ( rear dropout insert / chaintensioner ) that had a threaded hole to insert a derailleur. If I have one still laying around I'd gladly give it to you if its even compatible with the Thunderbird, but I might not have it anymore. Maybe Eastern could send one out to you if needed as well?

Attachments

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
GEARS!?!?! <Throws rocks at riddler>

I don't see a place for a derailler on that frame and it's horz drop outs. You might be able to use one of the horz derailler adapters from another bike, but it's going to be a real pain to set up.

Edit: The above photo is what I'm talking about. You will also need a new rear wheel.

TheRiddler

Chimp
Aug 23, 2009
ya i guess in the end that would offset the cost of just getting a dj bike that i still can race slalom on <throws rocks back>