Quantcast

** GeeEmTea ***

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
@rideit how is it taking you this long to get back from Costa Rica? It ain’t that far away…

@eaterofdog I think I can see old XTR cranks. Probably other goodies on there too…

Took the day off to help the wife (other boss) fill a couple pallets of bottles with vino.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Slow day, so just getting shit done and getting ready for my interview.

Laughing at the person who bought this to pedal through the flat sand in florida. Brutal lol. $300

View attachment 208663
I loved that frame. It was one of my favorite DH bikes of all-time. It was just that the damn shock mount kept breaking. With a TT 1" longer and sealed i-Drive bearings, it would probably still be a really fun bike.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Good morn, my fellow archaic forum patrons

How goes theee?

Frosty this morning, tomorrow too, need to get this house built so I can have Arizona or the Keys to pillage and plunder in the winters.

Ran through a couple batteries in the saws on the property yesterday, just about ready for an excavator and start piling and burning.

In other news,

Went and looked at the new Can Am maverick R, that thing is sick, dual plate clutch on a real transmission, 250 hp and coil overs. I am thinking I will have one in the stable shortly. The dunes are going to get flogged on a daily basis.

move out , draw fire

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Confidence is one thing, a complete lack of self awareness is another. Generally speaking I find that those who lack any sort of anxiety fall HEAVILY into the latter category.
I feel attacked

I did have anxiety. one time. (it was while watching The Dark Knight at a time when my surgery internship director had threatened to fire me. later found out she'd threatened to fire all of the residents at one point or another, a real piece of work she was.)
I'd buy that for $300 just to put an 02 Monster T on the wall. God damn I loved that fork.
I, too, loved that fork. felt so good and the turning radius was unparalleled. well, nearly perpendicular to one's line of travel. nevermind

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
/me did a bike/train/bike combo shot to get to Colorado Center today. because not being traffic is good. :)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The key to crippling anxiety is a heavy indica, I find the kush variety to work best. It's funny how the stuff that can put people on the couch for hours quiets the voices enough for me to function at a "high" level. :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The Rotax Nationals races just got into the *maybe* category because [checks notes] will be out of town for Mother's Day and [checks notes again] will miss a combined three days of school over 2-months. These feel like excuses as arguments rather than reasons to snuff the trajectory of her performance curve. :brow:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the Super T did come in a sweet polished silver finish. I had that on my Intense Uzzi SLX.

what a high-BB, upright piece of shit that was ultimately

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I’d rather spend a night in a decent hotel than drive home from SLC after a long trip. (At least five hours, up to seven or more). Especially in the kinds of blizzards we experience.
this.

that 5 hour drive plus 4 hours for naps spread out thru said drive....