Quantcast

** GeeEmTea ***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
While were on the subject of "goddamnit", just ran into a local captain I haven't seen in a while. Dude was always kind of big but today he was WAY thinner. Like an idiot, I said as much. He responded with "Yup! Bladder and Kidney cancer will do that."

The good news is he's cancer free now and expected to recover, but holy shit did I feel like an ass for a minute.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
While were on the subject of "goddamnit", just ran into a local captain I haven't seen in a while. Dude was always kind of big but today he was WAY thinner. Like an idiot, I said as much. He responded with "Yup! Bladder and Kidney cancer will do that."

The good news is he's cancer free now and expected to recover, but holy shit did I feel like an ass for a minute.
"when are you due?"

"oh, I have liver cancer. that's just my giant tumor"

""

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

did you tell him about your ball

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well, that interview went well. That was the talent acquisition person, so step 1. We went 20min long, which is generally a good sign. She's referring me over to the hiring managers for the next step. Comp is decently higher. A lot more work, but worth it and I get to use my brain.

Talked with Wifey about Rotax again and we might be able to make it work missing only a half day and Grand Junction just one day of school. We forgot that I have a shit ton of United points, so have the ability to fly. I can't fix mother's day though.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Whew. Long day and I’m exhausted, but it was nice not to have anything to do with the dayjob.

I might “need to” take tomorrow off too. Trails might even be dry enougj for a ride…

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Definitely the last night-race of the season tonight. Got 3rd overall. Snow kinda shitty, temps been too warm and snow falling apart. Feels like winter is done.