Quantcast

Geek Squad= Fail (sort of)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
So my ipod's headphone jack loosened up pretty badly, which has been causing it to pause frequently, since Apple, in their never ending quest to add all sorts of not really useful gadgets to their products decided to add a little code that makes it so that the iod pauses whenver the headphones get unplugged. So I take it in to Best Buy, since I've got their three year replacement plan. I give it to the guy behind the counter, and tell him the problem. He says, OK, we'll have to ship it out. Fine. So they do that. It comes in yesterday. I go to pick it up, and am told that they couldn't find a problem, and that I owed them $34.95 for doing absolutly nothing to fix my iPod. WTF? So I have them bring out the manager, and tell him what's up, and he says that if I pay the $34.95, go home and load some music on it, then come back and show them that it dosn't work right, they'll refund the charge, and give me a new ipod. Fine. So I do that, and come back this morning. I tell the story to the guy behind the counter, and show him that it dosn't work right. He agrees that it's fvcked up, and directs me to another worker, who he shows the problem. The other guy gets on a computer, and starts typing stuff, without saying a thing to me. He hands me a recipt to sign, and says that they're shipping the ipod out to get fixed. I tell him that I had been told I was entitled to a replacement. (They have a no lemon policy where after 3 repairs, they're supposed to give out a new one. This is repair #5.) He says that he's sorry, that he can't change the repair order, and that if I want to get anything done about it, I'm going to have to wait 45min for the guy I talked to the night before to come in. Hell no. So I have him get the manager again (different guy this time), who changes the order to a replacement, and gives me the refund. Better. They're supposedly shipping me a new one. Why they couldn't have done the replacement in store is beyond me, but at least it shouldn't take them 6-8 weeks like it does for a repair. I got what I wanted finally, but it was WAY too much work on my part.

Rant over.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Don't get me started on geek squad.

All I will say that anyone with any semblance of computer skills doesn't work at geek squad.

Geek squad = teh suck :plthumbsdown:

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Why did you pay $34.95? I bought the 4-year warrranty with my camera and when it broke I took it back to them and the shipped it back to Sony and I had it back in a few weeks free of charge.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Why did you pay $34.95? I bought the 4-year warrranty with my camera and when it broke I took it back to them and the shipped it back to Sony and I had it back in a few weeks free of charge.
Because they wouldn't give my my fvcking ipod back if I didn't, and they promised to refund it if I could demonstrate that there was indeed a problem. There was, and they did.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
um, I had a positive experience with the real GeekSquad. Some of you know I've set up my disabled sister in law with a laptop and how to get on line. She's fairly clueless about computers, and over the course of a year created enough problems for her self that she couldn't connect and thatI couldnt' fix over the phone. I had to call them. We certainly got our $150(!!) worth but there also weren't any other real solutions for us.