Quantcast

Geekhouse Bikes

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
I'll give some pub for Marty @ Geekhouse. Here's some pictures of my bike. I recently stripped the paint:

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
yeah, I think it looks better stripped now, not that it didn't look slick before, but.... now it looks trick but still low-key. Very straight forward and to the point with no unecessary flash, just how I like it.

But I was just wondering... I spent some time a little bit ago over on bustedspoke, and those geekhouses are popping up left and right for sale there! I was wondering what the deal was. There were more for sale there than I could count on one hand, seemed odd. New model dropping soon, or going under, or what?

And I gotta ask, with your bars where they are, would you say they are more like a 4" or 5" rise? ...compared to traditional straight 0deg rise stem slammed on headset with no spacers...

I just scored a nice deal on a 5" rise S&M XLT race cruiser bar a little while ago and I cannot wait for nice weather to break to try it out! I may have to put a drop stem on though, just to level it out a little bit. I was thinking 4-4.5" rise would be nicer, over my current 2.6-3", but I couldn't find many cruiser bars I liked and got a nice price on this one, so we'll see what happens.

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
yeah, I think it looks better stripped now, not that it didn't look slick before, but.... now it looks trick but still low-key. Very straight forward and to the point with no unecessary flash, just how I like it.

But I was just wondering... I spent some time a little bit ago over on bustedspoke, and those geekhouses are popping up left and right for sale there! I was wondering what the deal was. There were more for sale there than I could count on one hand, seemed odd. New model dropping soon, or going under, or what?

And I gotta ask, with your bars where they are, would you say they are more like a 4" or 5" rise? ...compared to traditional straight 0deg rise stem slammed on headset with no spacers...

I just scored a nice deal on a 5" rise S&M XLT race cruiser bar a little while ago and I cannot wait for nice weather to break to try it out! I may have to put a drop stem on though, just to level it out a little bit. I was thinking 4-4.5" rise would be nicer, over my current 2.6-3", but I couldn't find many cruiser bars I liked and got a nice price on this one, so we'll see what happens.
I don't plan on parting with mine any time soon!

I dunno, probably like 4" if a 0* rise stem and no spacers were used instead... I had a GI bar 2" on it before these bars and they were slightly lower. I think these are about 2.5 + maybe 1/2" stem rise + 1/2" spacer. It looks tall but doesn't feel that way to me. Once I get rid of the unnecessary braze-ons I thin I'll have it powdercoated. I like the way this thing rides and plan on keeping it for a while. There aren't many frames out there w/ 23+ (actual) TT's.

A DLD stem or something similar and no spacers w/ a set of gay bars will probably be similar in height. That's not a bad idea, actually.

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
Also, check Supercross BMX, I think they make both 2" and 4" cruiser bars, or did at one point...

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Also, check Supercross BMX, I think they make both 2" and 4" cruiser bars, or did at one point...

Yeah, I've already got my S&M XLT cruisers so I'll just see what happens there, but thanks for the heads up... I almost got a set of somewhat old school S&M C4 4pc riser bars at like 4 or 4.5" rise or so, but man, those are heavy bars!
I'll just tap these bars I have no for the tree bar-ends and get'em ready to go!

Oh yeah, that geekhouse frame of yours should look very very slick with all the unecessary cable stops plinked off of there, I love smoothed frames. What color are you looking at for the PC?

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
I'll probably just have the PCer put it in w/ whatever color he is doing. It's usually cheaper that way. I've been thinking maybe Carolina blue or lighter...I've never had a bike that color before.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
There are a ton of those up here in boston (oh yea, their made here now...). Nicest 26 I've ever been on, how do you like the rigid?

Stripped looks awesome by the way

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
I shaved and smoothed my V-brake tabs, forkdisc mount, and unneeded cable stops today. It's hard to see in the photo's but it looks great. Next will be trim the drops and a general smoothing over everything and then off to the powdercoaters.

Fun stuff.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
I shaved and smoothed my V-brake tabs, forkdisc mount, and unneeded cable stops today. It's hard to see in the photo's but it looks great. Next will be trim the drops and a general smoothing over everything and then off to the powdercoaters.

Fun stuff.

Very nice work, looks great! Should be how it comes from the factory! :lighten:

maybe you could even flush that front axle with the nut.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
What's the CS length slammed?? That's mighty tight, looks even better/shorter than a Mob...
Oh, and TT lengths? If I wasn't so lazy I'd go to the site...post a link for me!

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
Now it looks like this:

I shortened the drops and slightly smoothed the stay end caps...

No V-brake tabs, no derailleur cable stops, no filler...

Here's the whole thing. I removed the fork disc tabs, but didn't get it PCed because it's bent. I'm in the market for a new one...

I'm happy with it. Next step is to start building my own!

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Now it looks like this:

I shortened the drops and slightly smoothed the stay end caps...

No V-brake tabs, no derailleur cable stops, no filler...

Here's the whole thing. I removed the fork disc tabs, but didn't get it PCed because it's bent. I'm in the market for a new one...

I'm happy with it. Next step is to start building my own!
All killer, no filler! haha... very nice work, just how I like to see'em all smoothed simple and shaved. Too bad about the fork though. Is it the steerer or what? Maybe looking into a Rebate, or possibly custom?

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
Steerer and legs.

I like the rebate; it is a little too short A2C for this frame. I'm considering NS if I can find one. What else is out there @ 430 - 440mm A2C?