Quantcast

Gender reveal fatalities, out with the old, in with the.....find out soon!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sadly, natural selection doesn't fully deselect this. I guess it does prevent further crotch spawning.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yeah, it's kind of no net gain or loss when you think about it.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
True story, when we were at the gender reveal for my 2nd kid, I passed out and hit my head. Bleeding all over the place, I had to be omitted to the hospital. At one point someone gave me a glass of orange juice and I passed out again, spilling it in my lap. I remember several people asking if I had pissed myself and a nurse having to explain that I had spilled my drink several times.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
True story, when we were at the gender reveal for my 2nd kid, I passed out and hit my head. Bleeding all over the place, I had to be omitted to the hospital. At one point someone gave me a glass of orange juice and I passed out again, spilling it in my lap. I remember several people asking if I had pissed myself and a nurse having to explain that I had spilled my drink several times.
I used to watch surgery videos on a public access channel as a kid growing up. A knee replacement is similar to watching a carpenter replace a rotted out Mitered Half Lap joint on a timber-frame.

Also, this is why they used to give fathers brandy.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
1) And sorry about this, but *admitted
2) Why did you pass out?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
1) And sorry about this, but *admitted
2) Why did you pass out?
1) thanks, haha. I will let it stand.
2) My wife was telling the docs she could feel all the things they were doing and that the anesthetics hadn't kicked in. They were already way ahead of her and the procedure wasn't stopping. I was probably holding my breath but have always been capable on conking out in situations. There's more stories. Lets just say I have developed a keen understanding of my bodies response to adrenaline/shock.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
1) thanks, haha. I will let it stand.
2) My wife was telling the docs she could feel all the things they were doing and that the anesthetics hadn't kicked in. They were already way ahead of her and the procedure wasn't stopping. I was probably holding my breath but have always been capable on conking out in situations. There's more stories. Lets just say I have developed a keen understanding of my bodies response to adrenaline/shock.

BOO!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I used to watch surgery videos on a public access channel as a kid growing up. A knee replacement is similar to watching a carpenter replace a rotted out Mitered Half Lap joint on a timber-frame.

Also, this is why they used to give fathers brandy.
Watching surgery on TV was a giant NOPE for me. That is for-shore.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i see enough graphic surgery imagery for work that the stuff on TV is generally pretty tame.
Yeah, NOPE I have distinct memories of scanning the channels, landing on surgery and saying fuck that shit.

I have also driven myself to the hospital after a chain saw accident and set dislocated hand bones at home. Circumstance is critical I suppose.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Curiously, we get very, very few Texans here.
I think it’s just too cold.
Mostly NY, LA, Seattle, Chicago, and Atlanta.
And dirtbags in Sprinters, of course. :p

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
And people think we are extreme because we ride bikes.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Watching surgery on TV was a giant NOPE for me. That is for-shore.
I was taken on a school trip to a Medical School when I was 14 o 15.
One of the teachers was friends with one of the Med-school bosses... and asked if we would like to meet the students and check out the labs, but warned it could be gory. We all said "hell yeah,".

We walked into med school students tearing aparts corpses, chunks of humans laying in tables spread open with tacks, and several mock autopsies being performed... plus the smell of formaldehyde and the sound of bone saws chopping the top of human heads.
There is not a single Medical Doctor in my high school class. No wonder.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I was taken on a school trip to a Medical School when I was 14 o 15.
One of the teachers was friends with one of the Med-school bosses... and asked if we would like to meet the students and check out the labs, but warned it could be gory. We all said "hell yeah,".

We walked into med school students tearing aparts corpses, chunks of humans laying in tables spread open with tacks, and several mock autopsies being performed... plus the smell of formaldehyde and the sound of bone saws chopping the top of human heads.
There is not a single Medical Doctor in my high school class. No wonder.
Like a "scared straight" program, but in reverse.