Quantcast

General Whistler thread

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I have no idea how it even happens, she is a light rider and is by no means 'smashing' through anything. You should have seen the looks as we were walking it back up, total 'WTF' faces ha! Best part was we both were thinking in our heads this would be the 'last run' of our visit and didn't vocalize it to each other. Thank god this happened at the end of our time and it wasn't worse.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have no idea how it even happens, she is a light rider and is by no means 'smashing' through anything. You should have seen the looks as we were walking it back up, total 'WTF' faces ha! Best part was we both were thinking in our heads this would be the 'last run' of our visit and didn't vocalize it to each other. Thank god this happened at the end of our time and it wasn't worse.
Is it possible that her shock was too soft and it was bottoming out putting high peak loads into the rocker? I don't think it is unreasonable for a newer rider to progress a lot on a trip like that and require a very different setup at the end of a trip than at the beginning.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
It might be old Ellsworth stock lol!

Westy - That's not a bad thought, to be honest I didn't look at her setup the entire trip. Whistler has a tendency to quickly bring riders up to a speed they didn't have prior to being there. Working on a replacement linkage or frame depending on warranty situations now. We have an upcoming New England park trip to do in October.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Any must do valley/off-piste trail recommendations? I've ridden quite a few the last two trips but I've never done some of the classics.

Any feedback on -
Howler
Lord of the Squirrels
Khyber-Kashmir-Kush
Green Monster

Worth the hassle?
Here's your lap