Quantcast

Geoffrey Beene Sateen shirts

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
your metro thread for the day...

Anyone wear these? I picked up a couple yesterday as I generally like Beene stuff and these were on sale. I got them home, pulled them out of the packaging and they were damaged from the pins. The material had small pulls in it and the treads were actually ripped from pins.

Did I just get a couple of bad/poorly handled shirts, or are they more delicate? If I remember correctly, it's pretty much a 50/50 blend cotton/poly, so nothing unusual.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've got a few of them and never had any problems.

I love Geoffrey Beene dress shirts and have never had a problem with them. Sounds like you just got a bad one. The pinholes should disappear after the first wash, although damaged threads are another issue.

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:

I love Geoffrey Beene dress shirts and have never had a problem with them. Sounds like you just got a bad one. The pinholes should disappear after the first wash, although damaged threads are another issue.
That says it all.

Is this one of these "damaged threads" you speak of???

*sorry jackson - slow day. I don't even know what sateen is. It sounds girly though.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
loco said:
That says it all.

Is this one of these "damaged threads" you speak of???

*sorry jackson - slow day. I don't even know what sateen is. It sounds girly though.
not girly, just metro, lol.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:

I've always liked their stuff too. I got one for christmas, first time I ironed it, I Fed up the collar on it. Apparently the steam from my iron is too hot and it warped the collar. That's my fault, but still... not like the iron was THAT hot.

Then the ones I got yesterday. I figured the pin holes would disappear with a wash, but I can't return them once they've been washed, so I was a little skeptical. The one with pulls is definitely going back. Bummer too, because it is a great color and it was the last one in my size.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
loco said:
Sorry - I confuse metro, pimpish and girly all the time. :o:
Sateen is kind of like satin, but not. It's a cotton/poly blend that end up with a "shine" that make it look like satin. But because of the poly, it is more comfy for those of us who tend to perspire more than average.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
jacksonpt said:
Sateen is kind of like satin, but not. It's a cotton/poly blend that end up with a "shine" that make it look like satin. But because of the poly, it is more comfy for those of us who tend to perspire more than average.
So you are wearing a satin shirt?

J

JRB

stosh said:
Shouldn't you be sipping latee's while getting your hair cut?
No latee, just candles. I quit them and go to a really gay guy named Terry now.

J

JRB

Are you wearing a sheet?? Do these shirts make you sleepy?? I just figured out what the fabric is.

J

JRB

Tenchiro said:
Hah, I actually had to double check to make sure I wasn't in the Mud Hunnies area...

WTF is Sateen?
Precisely what I thought yesterday, but then I realized that a chick wouldn't start a thread this gay.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
There's nothing wrong with them.

I still blame the dryer.

:mad:
Dude - they look like a speedo with a chamois. There IS something wrong with that, Sugar.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
What's wrong with it, exactly? :think:
Do you think it's ok for men to dance on stage with a brass pole??? I think we need to know this before we truly establish whether or not you will understand what is wrong with it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
speaking metro, before the show last night we grabbed dinner @ a cambridge place. nearby was a table of 4 gays...NTTIAWWT, but i've never really been w/in earshot of a table full of gay guys to hear the topics of general discussion...they were probably in their 40s...a main point of discussion was in regards to shopping for Prada @ Barneys (boston just got a store, i read in the newspaper) vs Neiman Marcus (apparently Barneys doesn't discount, whereas N-M will for end-of-season closeouts...you learn something everyday. no one said it had to be useful, though).

i never have those kinds of conversation w/ my friends. :D

J

JRB

narlus said:
speaking metro, before the show last night we grabbed dinner @ a cambridge place. nearby was a table of 4 gays...NTTIAWWT, but i've never really been w/in earshot of a table full of gay guys to hear the topics of general discussion...they were probably in their 40s...a main point of discussion was in regards to shopping for Prada @ Barneys (boston just got a store, i read in the newspaper) vs Neiman Marcus (apparently Barneys doesn't discount, whereas N-M will for end-of-season closeouts...you learn something everyday. no one said it had to be useful, though).

i never have those kinds of conversation w/ my friends. :D

I'm just assuming you like me enough for us to call one another friends, so I would say, you just had one of "those" conversations. :D

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
jacksonpt said:
your metro thread for the day...

Anyone wear these? I picked up a couple yesterday as I generally like Beene stuff and these were on sale. I got them home, pulled them out of the packaging and they were damaged from the pins. The material had small pulls in it and the treads were actually ripped from pins.

Did I just get a couple of bad/poorly handled shirts, or are they more delicate? If I remember correctly, it's pretty much a 50/50 blend cotton/poly, so nothing unusual.
wrinkle free!!!! i wear them. the Sateen stuff pills up after a while but that just lets you know it's time to buy new cloths.
wrinkle free roxors.
oh sorry i'm not sure about your question though.

J

JRB

The Toninator said:
wrinkle free!!!! i wear them. the Sateen stuff pills up after a while but that just lets you know it's time to buy new cloths.
wrinkle free roxors.
oh sorry i'm not sure about your question though.
Can I get a resounding YES, ghey people wear them here???