Quantcast

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Thread

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I heard recently that the George Foreman grill is actually helping keep the homeless fed.

Think about it, they don't have stoves...

truthfully, I don't like the things... I am always afeered that Imagonna git burnt by the top.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
There ok, but not true great substitute for gas or a real fire. They do better on some things than others. My experience shows they do well with pork chops, sausage patties, bonless chicken breasts, and burgers. Marinades make a mess, and can be a bitch to clean afterwards. Stick to dry rubs if possible. Forget doing steak on the things, go out to eat at your favorite steakhouse, instead.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
When I was eating meat, I used my Foreman grill almost every day. I actually wore one out and had to replace it. Definitely the fastest way to cook a chicken titty.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I Are Baboon said:
I used to use one all the time, but got sick of it. Now that I have a real gas grill, I use that. Cleaning the George is a pain in the ass.
They included a funny little grooved scraper with it and special sponges to clean it. It hasn't been too bad. I'd imagine that things would go downhill very quickly if you forgot to put the driptray down (It should be attached, but detachable I think).

PonySoldier

Monkey
May 5, 2004
Woodland Park Colorado
SkaredShtles said:
:stupid:

Bacon grease is for cooking eggs in..... :drool:

Favorite egg meal: cook a bunch of bacon until you have a nice pool of hot grease. Crack in a couple eggs. Baste the eggs in hot grease until cooked to desired done-ness.

We enjoy this treat a couple of times a year...there is simply no better way to cook eggs..:thumb:

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
We have one. Tried cooking all different things in it. Steaks really suck though in it. Chicken is about all it's good for. It drips and makes a big mess if you don't empty the little catch trays.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
SkaredShtles said:

Favorite egg meal: cook a bunch of bacon until you have a nice pool of hot grease. Crack in a couple eggs. Baste the eggs in hot grease until cooked to desired done-ness.
Scrambled or sunny side?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:

Bacon grease is also great for other foods. Keeping old grease around seems disgusting but sometimes I will fry up a few slices just for the grease to add to mashed potatoes. The bacon can be eaten or cut up into the taters. Same things goes for cooking steaks and burgers.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Spunger said:
We have one. Tried cooking all different things in it. Steaks really suck though in it. Chicken is about all it's good for. It drips and makes a big mess if you don't empty the little catch trays.
Boneless pork chops come out pretty good too. Even better, italian sausage patties. George Foreman them, slap them on a roll with some Chipotle gourmayo and some red onions. :drool:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
Scrambled? :confused:
I think sunny side up eggs are nasty. The only way I can eat 'em is if they're cooked hard and put on a breakfast sandwich.

But cooking scrambled eggs in a big pool of bacon grease is delicious.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
I think sunny side up eggs are nasty. The only way I can eat 'em is if they're cooked hard and put on a breakfast sandwich.

Weirdo.

I like dipping my toast in the liquid gold provided by a nice sunnyside up egg basted in grease. :drool:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
binary visions said:

Yeah, I agree. I hate the runny yoke oozing all over