Quantcast

Georgia freeride chapter of Sorba

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
DVNT said:
Another work party this Saturday Nov. 13 9am - 12, pizza and ride afterwards.

We are making a lot of progress.
The rest of the Hi run trail tread is cut (up to the gap jump and a little beyond) and the table top was built up a bit more.
We will work on the smoothing the run, finish the set of doubles we started and maybe onto another jump section and build the berm another foot or two if we can.

Thanks

- j
Bump, Weather should be better on Saturday. We add some more jumps to make a nice little section after the table top. Bring your bike and tell your momma you'll be late for dinner.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
The Rambo guys posted some pics on their site of us trying out the berm and table top.

cliky here

Next WP is Dec. 11th.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Peete said:
Holy crap! That table looks about 20' too short for that sweet looking berm before it.
That's why we need use you guys out there, the more suggestions the better.

Its hard to tell from the pic but the table tapers off and dips down into a sloped banked turn then into the doubles.
Eventually we'll make the berm another 1-2 ft. higher and hopefully build the table up a bit. We just want to finish up the gap jump and make the whole run rideable as soon as possible.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Yep, I know I can't complain since I haven't been out there digging yet. :nopity:
But you want to build a table longer than you think you should. It gives you something to go for without the commitment of a gap. You flop your way across until you clear it.
The old bonebreaker(rip) at Mansell was a perfect example. As a double not many tried it, but when Chris filled in the gap and made it longer alot of folks started jumping it.

I guess it's the magic of photography that makes the course look flat.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah its a bit flat, there is a slight slope down and to the left and after the table it dips down into a little culvert.

Basically its the equivelent of a bunny slope, we are just trying to make it fun for all and then the next area will be the big stuff (over 4 ft) as long as the paramedics don't make a visit in the mean time.

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
I will be in town Dec. 28th to Jan. 2nd. I would like to help out on a work party. Will there be any during that time? Someone please let me know. I haven't ridden any serious trails in the area yet. I would like to pitch in before I do. Let me know if I can help. Thanx.

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
Thanks for the info "dh boyeee", I will try to make the one in January. In the meantime, I hope I can still ride Mansell while I am in town. I don't know anyone in the group, so I hope people are receptive to newcomers.

dh boyeee

Cesspool
Nov 16, 2004
hiding from your dad
ay man its cool. ill ride with you. maybe i still wont have a job around then. wlel its new years anyways, i wouldnt be working regardless. lol. i know some guys, and i was a newcomer only a few months ago, like 2. itll be a good time, no worries.

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
How can I get in touch with anyone who wants to ride? I will be back in town the 28th - Jan 2nd, and I would LOVE to do some riding. Anyone who wants to ride, let me know.

Pedalist

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Clayton, NC
I am going to be coming to Georgia from NC on the 28th. I will be in town for about a week or so. I rode Mansell 2 years ago. I would like to hit some riding up while I am there. Someone let me know something so I can link up with you for a ride.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
We'll definitely be out at Mansell sunday @ noon. My son and I cut the fallen tree out of the DJs today so the berm line is now open, your welcome.

That Danish fruitcake guy DHchefboyardee will be out there too. He was talking about wearing a speedo riding because it's supposed to be so warm. He's misstaken 40 deg farenheit for celcius. :think:

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
I am going to Snowshoe the first week in October. I will driving up on Sunday, October 2nd. I will probably ride for about 3 or 4 days. Any takers? If so, email me at freeridebkr@yahoo.com for details. It would be cool if others went. The more the merrier.

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
I have a room reserved at the base of the mountain at the "Inn at Snowshoe". Don't worry, the room has 2 double beds. Expenses would be: GAS(there & back, which would be split), RIDING PASS($25/day,3days of riding), FOOD & BEER!!, ROOM($80 for 4 nights). In my opinion, not a bad deal for 3 days in Snowshoe! The most expensive part of the trip would be the gas.

fatcats

Chimp
Apr 4, 2005
holy hell that IS cheap
so lemme get this straight, 80 per person for 4 nights? or 80 bucks a night for 4 nights and then split it? how many people do u plan on going? dude if i can get off work (im sure i can) this could be a badass trip

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
That would be $80 for 4 nights. The room is paid for. I am just asking for $20 a night. When I first started planning this, I had 3 other people going. They all backed out over the course of the last few months. If you could please email me, that would be great! freeridebkr@yahoo.com

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I'd love to but I wouldn't be able to get a mid week kitchen pass.

As stupid as it sounds, I'm working on a day trip to Wintergreen. Take the first flight up to Charlottesville in the morning, have one of the locals pick us up on the way to WG, rent a bike up there($45 for lift ticket and Kona Stinky rental) ride and then catch the last flight home. It would be cheaper than driving up. And I'm cleared in hot by the Dragon Lady to do it any free saturday.
I looked into doing it for SS but the closest airport is 2.5 hours from SS.
Next summer if the race season blows as bad as this year's I'm just going places to ride instead of race. We'll do the local races but no nationals.
I owe Peter a Whistler trip... well ok, I want to go too. :drool:

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
droplover said:
Where is Wintergreen? and when are you going to Whistler!!!!!
Wintergreen is between Charlottesville and Lynchburg, VA.

It's a small ski resort as ski resorts go but they have some nice DH trails and a pretty bad ass FR trail. The runs are short and so is the chairlift ride so you get lots of runs and don't get tired. You park right at the top of the chairlift so it's easy to grab a swig of water after every run. There is a skate park right there too.
That place has so much potential but they don't know it or don't care.

I hit it because my parents live @ 3 hours away.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
droplover said:
By the way, what is a "mid week kitchen pass"?
That is something unheard of in my house. That's when the wife lets you ditch the family to go off and do something with the boys during the week.

I have some buds who ride choppers that get them for Sturgis and Daytona.