Quantcast

German/Austrians irrational fear of high water..

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I am just about 6 ft tall....

so when I was hitting my growth spurt in middle school, I was basically always wearing capris whether I liked it or not.

When I see capris, I think they are silly.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
It's called style, man....... style......... :rofl:
typical middle-aged american man tourist:

baseball cap (check)
polo shirt (check)
tan dockers, shorts (check)
hideous belt, up high (check)
white socks (check)
boat shoes (check)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:

baseball cap (check)
polo shirt (check)
white socks (check)
boat shoes (check)
There was a dude (in his late 30s) in a meeting a couple days ago sporting the deck shoes with no socks. :rofl: :rofl:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
SkaredShtles said:
There was a dude (in his late 30s) in a meeting a couple days ago sporting the deck shoes with no socks. :rofl: :rofl:

You should come visit me in Annapolis. I don't think there is a pair of socks in the whole town besides the ones in my chest of drawers.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
SkaredShtles said:
And you don't wear lycra? I don't buy it. :p
No. I wear lycra. But its pretty horrible.

Deck shoes? I mean, I have some canvas vans that slip on. Those are deck shoes, no?

They arent the same ones loco has, btw.:rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
BurlyShirley said:
No. I wear lycra. But its pretty horrible.

Deck shoes? I mean, I have some canvas vans that slip on. Those are deck shoes, no?
Apparently deck shoes come in various shapes & styles. These are the ones I'm talking about. Vintage 80's:

My uncle (in his 60s) wears them without socks, but he sails the Atlantic, Carribean, and Mediterranean in them. :thumb:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
SkaredShtles said:
Apparently deck shoes come in various shapes & styles. These are the ones I'm talking about. Vintage 80's:

:
Yeah those are them.

You forgot to mention that after approximately 1.5 days of wearing them without socks they smell like regurgitated blue cheese.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
SkaredShtles said:
Horrible......... in a fashion sense? Or comfort?
In a fashion sense of course. I love it for long XC rides. I usually wear baggies, but if its hot out and Im doing some bigger mileage, Ill wear lycra for sure.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:

baseball cap (check)
polo shirt (check)
white socks (check)
boat shoes (check)
I had to suffer through a marketing class earlier this week. At one point we were talking about the "value" some consumers see in brands and how much more money could be brought for what is really a generic product. All the marketing scum got a good laugh at how people could be ripped off because of a logo that is put on something. I got a big laugh at how all of the douches laughing were wearing $70 Polo brand shirts.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
SkaredShtles said:
"The larvae themselves appear as transparent, white worms, about 8 mm (1/3 inch) long. When disturbed, the larvae can jump for distances up to 15 cm (6 inches), prompting recommendations of eye protection for those eating the cheese"

Ye - gads! If they hit you in the eye do the burrow in?

And I thought this was bad:

Queso Cabrales

It tastes alright if you can get past the distinct aroma of dog sh&*! Worst food in Spain IMO.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
SkaredShtles said:
I was studying in the library a couple weeks ago and this kid walks in wearing blue and white seersucker shorts, deck shoes with no socks, a pink polo shirt, and a blue blazer. There was much snickerage around. One of the few times I wish I had a camera phone.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Barbaton said:
I was studying in the library a couple weeks ago and this kid walks in wearing blue and white seersucker shorts, deck shoes with no socks, a pink polo shirt, and a blue blazer. There was much snickerage around. One of the few times I wish I had a camera phone.
Sounds like Danny Noonan at the yacht club all decked out in his sailing regalia. :rofl: :rofl: