Quantcast

german engineering

was?

Monkey
Mar 9, 2010
Dresden, Germany
rebuilding the linkage on my susser, is it normal that i have to call a friend to help me tensioning the upper link, to get the last screw in? otherwise the srew holes wouldn´t line up...
common problem or am i alone on this one?

:panic:

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
rebuilding the linkage on my susser, is it normal that i have to call a friend to help me tensioning the upper link, to get the last screw in? otherwise the srew holes wouldn´t line up...
common problem or am i alone on this one?

Ugly. Back all screws off, and get them all in, then do them up. Are the links flat(not bent)? If you lay them on top of each other, do the holse line up?

was?

Monkey
Mar 9, 2010
Dresden, Germany
all screws were unscrewed to the point that there were 2 revolutions gripping in the threads. the upper link is solid, i can´t line up the plates as you assume. i don´t want to tell which frame it is, as i´m not sure if it would put the manufacturer in a bad light.

was?

Monkey
Mar 9, 2010
Dresden, Germany
no one else? i don´t think that it is normal, that the bearings are thereby preloaded, when the suspension isn´t loaded at all. arghl!!!!

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I think it's noble that you don't want to throw the mfg under the bus but it's going to be hard to get good advice here without descibing the suspension linkage better or naming the mfg. If you want to protect them then I'd suggest going directly to them for help on this.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
well it is a canfield brothers can-can...
give em a call. When I built my lucky up, it was super super tight tolerances and a complete b1tch to put together. Once everything was together and torqued properly though, bearings were perfectly smooth and there was clearly no preload. They'll go over what its supposed to feel like, and sort you out if there are any problems.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Ditto on what William said. I had to pursued my upper link w/a rubber mallet on my Candiggle and I am pretty sure it is the exact same upper link as on the Can-Can. Once in place it was flawless.

I would call them anyway. Their Customer Service is awesome.