Quantcast

German Shorthair pointer *Pup free

Not sure if your looking for a pup or if you might be looking for an extra pet for the land but I've got a german shorthair pointer that I'm looking to give to a good home. She's about 8 months old and looking for a good home. Great hunting dog, short hair though so you have to take care of her in the cold(meaning: coat, or inside during the winter months). If your along I-90 between Pacific coast to Midwest I'd be willing to meet up with yah. I'm really truely looking for a good home for this dog, she's been neglected, owner sticks her out in the rain and cold and never even pays attention to her. I just went out to let my dog out and the poor dog is starving and so I gave her some food as I always do. She's 8 months old, maybe 35-40lbs, and a purebred dog. Look up the breed here: http://www.prairiegspointers.com/ and read about them. I'll try and get a good photo of her.

If you know of some good hearted people who love dogs and have the room for another dog, then send them this link. She just needs some love and attention and she would make a great dog!

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
get that pic! I may have someone that wants it. I am in Cols. Ohio but my home is towards cleveland, so I could meet.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
My good friend has one of these dogs. Great dog, hes the funniest dog ive ever seen, there especially fun when "tracking". They point and walk really slow and goofy. These dogs are awesome. :thumb:

Yossarian said:
are you intending to liberate this puppy?
I'm considering on attempting to save its life. Once I leave there will be no one who really gives a sh!t. Such a cool dog, if I was keeping my house I'd be asking to have her so my lab can have a friend. However, I'm having a hard enough time trying to figure out my own situation.

I'm just disgusted with the way this dog is being treated. This dog is such a great breed, rather funny to watch her hop around, it's as if she's weightless. You'd have to be here to see what I mean by that. Anyhow, she's only 8 months old or so, still trainable and just needs a good home.

She's already got a leash to run on and an outside shelter, and they feed her maybe once a day. But she's in the cold and rain with that thin hair and just shivers all day crying. It's been like this since Sept. and it's now almost Feb. Reporting this to any govt. agency is just pointless as they will say well she gets food and water and has a shelter to retreat to. This is why I'm considering on liberating her and finding a new family that can appreciate her.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
Please keep updating us, i live along i 70 in colorado if you cant find her a good home by the time of your trip i will make sure she has a place. I have a year old GSP great dog.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
One of the things I hate the most is people neglecting their dogs. I cant even stand to hear about it without having thoughts of kicking the owners ass. I cant watch any of those shows on animal planet either. The first dog that I had was a purebred shorthair, all brown. He was the coolest dog ever but he had to be put to sleep because of a brain tumor. I90 does come pretty close to me, it goes to the middle of wisconsin, but I live probably 6 hours or so north of that in michigan. I cant drive anywhere either, because the transmission in my van is f'ed. Good luck....I hope you find her a really nice home!! :thumb:

I just found out that it's relatively cheap to ship a pet. There is actually a company that just ships pets around. Costs about $120. I'd be willing to split the cost with someone who wants to care for and take in this great puppy. She's got lost of energy, and needs some love and care, but would make a great biking, hunting, or family dog. Not to mention she's worth $1k. Let me know, I need to do this quick though as I"m in the process of moving.

korked7

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Park City, Utah, USA
NineFingers said:
Not sure if your looking for a pup or if you might be looking for an extra pet for the land but I've got a german shorthair pointer that I'm looking to give to a good home. She's about 8 months old and looking for a good home. Great hunting dog, short hair though so you have to take care of her in the cold(meaning: coat, or inside during the winter months). If your along I-90 between Pacific coast to Midwest I'd be willing to meet up with yah. I'm really truely looking for a good home for this dog, she's been neglected, owner sticks her out in the rain and cold and never even pays attention to her. I just went out to let my dog out and the poor dog is starving and so I gave her some food as I always do. She's 8 months old, maybe 35-40lbs, and a purebred dog. Look up the breed here: http://www.prairiegspointers.com/ and read about them. I'll try and get a good photo of her.

If you know of some good hearted people who love dogs and have the room for another dog, then send them this link. She just needs some love and attention and she would make a great dog!
You said its your neighbor's dog... how are you giving it away then?? Beautiful dog. My parents used to have one and it always bit me... I was a little **** head anyway. Wow, I'd love to have a dog as pretty as that one