Quantcast

German TV pulls the Tour

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
They had threatened to do it and according to cyclingnews it appears they have because of this.

http://www.velonews.com/tour2007/news/articles/12808.0.html

T-Mobile rider Patrik Sinkewitz reacted in amazement on Wednesday after he was informed he had failed a doping test as he prepared for the tour de France last month.

The German Cycling Federation (BDR) announced on Wednesday that the 26-year old's A sample, taken on June 8, had a raised testosterone level and he must now decide if his B sample will be tested.

The up and coming rider has been suspended by his team who say that if the B sample confirms the first test then he will be sacked.

Sinkewitz was forced to pull out of the Tour de France after suffering a broken nose and shoulder injury on Sunday after colliding with a spectator when occupying 50th place in the overall standings.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Good. More networks need to grow some nuts like that. If every major network stops covering bike racing because of the doping problem, I bet that would get someone's attention.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
it's not like half the folks on this site don't drink beer or light a spliff before riding and the rest do so afterward...so who the hell cares...it's obvious that the crowds on the roadside sure don't

me... I like watching a train wreck