Quantcast

GES #1 announced?

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
Frankly I'm not surprised we haven't heard from the GES....There were already two threads about the Massanutten Race back in Oct and Nov 2010.

I don't think racers understand how expensive it is to put on a series like the GES ..I am impressed with the fact that GES makes enough money support the pro payout and still pay all its bills for timing, awards, number plates etc...oh well that's a whole other thread.

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
I don't think racers understand how expensive it is to put on a series like the GES ..I am impressed with the fact that GES makes enough money support the pro payout and still pay all its bills for timing, awards, number plates etc...oh well that's a whole other thread.
Whoops I was wrong ..... the venues pay for most everything.

GES Event ..... UCI sanctioned ...Never!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
I think all GES races should have UCI points. "Pot.....stirred.....":popcorn:
Pot stirred well.

We are doing one UCI Inscribed race at Plattekill this spring. It will be our second in two years. We have learned exactly what the UCI really needs vs the "written" rules. If the UCI official is happy with the internal changes that we made according to his recommendations, we will continue with our plan of having ALL races at Plattekill UCI inscribed in 2012. Then we will work toward the complete Eastern States Cup in 2013. :thumb:

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
Pot stirred well.

We are doing one UCI Inscribed race at Plattekill this spring. It will be our second in two years. We have learned exactly what the UCI really needs vs the "written" rules. If the UCI official is happy with the internal changes that we made according to his recommendations, we will continue with our plan of having ALL races at Plattekill UCI inscribed in 2012. Then we will work toward the complete Eastern States Cup in 2013. :thumb:
Sounds good - hope it happens.

Actually a more local series sounds good this year.