Monkey
Apr 22, 2011
Snowshoe Resort is proud to host
Gravity East Series Race # 1

Snowshoe Bike Park

June 4th & 5th​

All USA Cycling & Gravity East Rules apply​
Please visit http://wwww.gravityeastseries.com for all info on Race #1

Looking forward to seeing all the Gravity East racers again!

Just another reminder last call to all!!

Below is all the info on the Snowshoe Resort RACE #1 of our Nine race series!

Register Now!

Online Registration Closes 6/2/2011

Registration, Race Info & Lodging

Race Entry, Pro Men & Women $ 80.00, Category 1,2, 3 $ 75.00 Includes Lift Tickets for Both Saturday and Sunday and access to all the great trails Snowshoe

Schedule

Saturday 06/04

On-Site Registration 9am - 4pm

Course Practice 9am - 4:30pm

Sunday 06/05

On-Site Registration 8am - 10:30am

Course Practice 9am - 10am

Race Start 11:30am

Awards to follow Official Results TBD

$1000.00 Pro Purse

Nema Contingency Program available to earn cash.

Product Prizes for all Amateur Classes provided by: Maxxis Tires, GES Presenting Sponsor Formula Brakes, also these great supporting Sponsors - 661, e13, NEMA, Fox Racing.

All Timing, Results and Standings by "All Sports Events"

Lodging Info

Located 6 miles and a 15 minute drive from the top of the mountain; the mountain base offers the preferred lodging for the GES event, The Inn at Snowshoe,

$ 36.00 per person* Including Breakfast!
Call 877-441-4386 and mention the Gravity East Series to receive this special lodging rate. (*Based on double occupancy, Tax not included.)

Camping is not available at Snowshoe Resort however there are campgrounds near the base.

For more information about Snowshoe Resort and Gravity East Series Race #1 please visit our website: www.gravityeastseries.com

Register Now!

SMP

Chimp
Sep 7, 2004
Trevyn here from Snowshoe.

Put together this video last night of a course preview. Conditions are great with the mountain finally drying out. Forecast for the weekend is looking good too! Should be a fun one...

ag7gu

Chimp
Jul 31, 2008
MD
Gravity East,

You mentioned that the entry fee includes a 2-day lift ticket. If we have already purchased a Snowshoe season pass, can we get a discounted race entry fee? $75/$80 is steep if we don't need a trail pass. I hope so, that would help out a lot. Thank you!

Gravity East

Monkey
Apr 22, 2011
Gravity East,

You mentioned that the entry fee includes a 2-day lift ticket. If we have already purchased a Snowshoe season pass, can we get a discounted race entry fee? $75/$80 is steep if we don't need a trail pass. I hope so, that would help out a lot. Thank you!
This being a GES USAC Sanctioned Race cost is not that unusal, as far as season pass holders that is at the discretion of the Snowshoe Management, we will see if I can get a solid answer posted.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Trevyn here from Snowshoe.

Put together this video last night of a course preview. Conditions are great with the mountain finally drying out. Forecast for the weekend is looking good too! Should be a fun one...

Gimme Gimme Gimme.
Its time for this old soldier to return to my favorite battlefield.:rockout:

ag7gu

Chimp
Jul 31, 2008
MD
This being a GES USAC Sanctioned Race cost is not that unusal, as far as season pass holders that is at the discretion of the Snowshoe Management, we will see if I can get a solid answer posted.
Yes the cost is expected for a USAC GES race, I was just simply wondering if in this case it could be discounted. Thanks for checking up on this!

EDIT: According to Snowshoe Management, no discount available.

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
That course looks fantastic, good mix of everything, can't wait for this weekend!
Hey all the course is sick, the mountain is awesome, weather looks great! Thank you to so many that preregistered (still time, closes at 11:45pm tonight visit www.gravityeastseries.com and click the BikeReg link under the Snowshoe logo) For me I need to get some sleep leaving at Midnight tonight for the drive down from NH. Looking forward to seeing all my Gravity Friends!!!!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
You should come up.
Snowshoe has a freeride side for you.
They may even let your camelbak ride up on a separate lift so it will fit.:D
Its hard to pass up some hucks to holes, but Geritt and I are going fishing in the mtns, doing some shuttling on trail bikes, and then on Sunday I'll grab a moto ride followed by an afternoon on the boat with the family. Retirement has been awesome. :thumb:

Oh and good luck!

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
Results here: http://www.rootsandrain.com/race480/2011-jun-5-gravity-east-1-snowshoe-wv/

I strive to make things as accurate/complete as possible, so if anyone's name has been spelled wrong etc, please let me know and I'll fix asap. I've already caught half a dozen mistakes on the official results sheet, but I'm sure I missed some.

Thanks!
Live Timing is awesome, but we have posted the Official results here they are never official until 15mins after the event for spellings etc.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Great race weekend!!! The team did a great job and most important we all had FUN!!!! Friday and Saturday practice was super fun and loose with the dry moon dust. The race course had a bit of everything you could ask for in a 5min run. I thought a little rain would have been nice to give a little more grip, but the 5 hrs of rain early Sunday morning before race day made things tricky on that race course. PB and J!!! I had a few spills in my race run, but all is good and glad I went...

I know Jay took a lot of pictures and will be posting up here when he gets home tonight:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-RM-East/198574363492842

Cecil:thumb:

Gravity East

Monkey
Apr 22, 2011
Great race weekend!!! The team did a great job and most important we all had FUN!!!! Friday and Saturday practice was super fun and loose with the dry moon dust. The race course had a bit of everything you could ask for in a 5min run. I thought a little rain would have been nice to give a little more grip, but the 5 hrs of rain early Sunday morning before race day made things tricky on that race course. PB and J!!! I had a few spills in my race run, but all is good and glad I went...

I know Jay took a lot of pictures and will be posting up here when he gets home tonight:

It was a fantastic weekend, weather was superb, the course was great and the Pro's were ripping it up, as well as the Cat 1 guys, it was also great to see that there were quite a few Northern racers who made the trek!! The 18 and under guys were ripping it up some of them looked very young but still ripped it up!! Snowshoe rocks. Sure hope someone post some race footage! Because I was amazed at what I saw some doing! Props to the Series for coming south and getting there feet wet with the GES!

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
Once again an Epic weekend at SS.

Too bad for anyone who missed this.

The weather was great...the event went without a hitch as always...and did you see the ladies podium.

Giant female turnout!

I don't ever remember so many fast and great looking ladies at any mountain bike race.

Thanks for coming out!:thumb:

Can't wait for WISP!:)

Hopefully someone can post some of the podium pics???

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
you shouldnt put down USAC by calling the US open a USAC event
Thank you - any corrections welcome. I had basically no idea who the organiser of the US Open is, so I just put usa cycling. Who should it be? The host, Diablo?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Live Timing is awesome, but we have posted the Official results here they are never official until 15mins after the event for spellings etc.
To be honest some of the "mistakes" I've fixed may actually be new errors I've introduced. If a rider's already on the system with 6 races (say) and the next race I add has a slight variation of their name, I tend to go with the majority and correct it to the name the other 6 are under. Which if they're all from one race series could easily be wrong. If you see what I mean.

Email/PM/facebook me for any corrections, happy to make them!

:)

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC

Team RM East photos are up on the FB page (link above). I'll figure out what to do with the other photos.