Get a rope....

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Hangin's too good fer 'im....

Soldier Guilty of Trying to Aid al-Qaida
AP | 2 Sept 2004

FORT LEWIS, Wash. - A soldier accused of trying to give al-Qaida information about U.S. troops, including methods for killing soldiers, was found guilty Thursday on all five counts of trying to help the terrorist network.

The verdict in Spc. Ryan G. Anderson's court-martial, which began Monday, was announced late Thursday afternoon.

Anderson, a tank crewman whose 81st Armor Brigade unit is now in Iraq, was accused of trying to give terrorists information about U.S. soldiers' strength and tactics. The terrorists he though he was meeting with were actually undercover federal agents, prosecutors said.

A military spokesman has said the charges amount to attempted treason.

Conviction required agreement by two-thirds of the jury of nine commissioned officers - all from Fort Lewis. The jury vote was not immediately announced.

Anderson, a 27-year-old Muslim convert, could face a maximum penalty of life in prison. The court took a brief recess after the verdict was announced, then planned to reconvene to consider his sentence.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I think that dude had some problems. Not that he sure as hell didn't deserve his sentence or more (frankly, I'd have sentenced him to death for treason given the chance), but he had some mental issues-he was just trying to find a way to live out some kind of cloak-and-dagger power fantasy, I think.

The wierdest thing is that he was caught by an 'amateur counterterrorist,' a civilian (woman, I think) who found his Internet posts, baited him, and turned the information over to the FBI. That's a hell of a hobby...

MD

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
That's N8's hobby too, don't you know, except he turns over our details to the RNC. That's why you've been getting all that republican junk mail and your water tastes funny.