Quantcast

<<<~~>>>Get after it Saturday<<<~~>>>

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I woke up and my back was fuckin killing me. Left lower back down into the hip. Of course I'll proceed with my bike workout as if nothing is wrong like any normal biker would do. :monkey: Perhaps this coffee will help.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Day is done.
Met a Canadian dude whilst out walking, he was looking at some endanged ants that have supposedly remained unchanged since Jesus rode a dinosaur to school. I learnt some stuff.

Then I swore at electricity again, shit hates me.
Motor was reconditioned, showed no shorts.
Check current, voltages, waveform and for seemingly no good reason the motor wants 60A to turn unloaded, fuuuck!
Rip the motor out again.
IMG_20230121_211241.jpg

Armature be too hot.
IMG_20230121_211256.jpg

IMG_20230121_211253.jpg

Some days I think I should get a more normal job working on bigger plant stuff where they have living, breathing electricians.
But, work is 5mins from home rather than an hour.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oh boy. I thought I was good with the kidney stone when I went to bed, but that was a lie. Rolling waves of pain since 3 or 4 am.

Girlfriend called to checkup on me and I told her yeah I'm going to take my next round of pain meds at 9am. She told me it was 9:45 - I was totally out of it.

Need to somehow find a way to the pharmacy to get these prescriptions filled, but once that pain kicks in there's no way I can drive.

I won't go into details, but the girlfriend has been at her mother's place since Thursday, as her step dad is not doing well. He went in for some tests and scans at a hospital and ended up rupturing an artery from coughing or something....while strapped to the board inside what I assume was an MRI machine. His heart stopped twice, two blood transfusions and is now on a ventilator....etc etc. TLDR, not looking good.

Needless to say, I've been trying to not bug her or anything about my pain and whatnot. She needs to focus on that stuff with her mom.

This is a rather sad/ not enjoyable post, sorry dudes. Just talking into the void.

On a more positive note, my step dad who is from Trinidad, became a Canadian citizen last week. That's pretty cool.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Oh boy. I thought I was good with the kidney stone when I went to bed, but that was a lie. Rolling waves of pain since 3 or 4 am.

Girlfriend called to checkup on me and I told her yeah I'm going to take my next round of pain meds at 9am. She told me it was 9:45 - I was totally out of it.

Need to somehow find a way to the pharmacy to get these prescriptions filled, but once that pain kicks in there's no way I can drive.

I won't go into details, but the girlfriend has been at her mother's place since Thursday, as her step dad is not doing well. He went in for some tests and scans at a hospital and ended up rupturing an artery from coughing or something....while strapped to the board inside what I assume was an MRI machine. His heart stopped twice, two blood transfusions and is now on a ventilator....etc etc. TLDR, not looking good.

Needless to say, I've been trying to not bug her or anything about my pain and whatnot. She needs to focus on that stuff with her mom.

This is a rather sad/ not enjoyable post, sorry dudes. Just talking into the void.

On a more positive note, my step dad who is from Trinidad, became a Canadian citizen last week. That's pretty cool.
Damn. Hope things start looking up soon.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Hope you give birth to a nice shiny stone soon and the pain goes away!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
woke up at 0430 because the furbots needed to go do their thing. in the yard. let them back in then promptly fell back asleep until 0740 win . I got a text from the wife that the camper furnace is not working this morning. she had two full propane tanks last night...hmm

I think I shall enjoy my coffee while waiting for her to respond back to my response

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Belated Christmas gathering with the in-laws today, since until now, somebody or another has been sick every weekend since Christmas. A little CE this morning, followed by a little weightlifting. Planning a little "mixed media" ride (as @johnbryanpeters would call it) for tomorrow.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

rough about your gf's step dad. i guess one bright side to it is that he was already at the hospital when it happened.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Snow cleared, flooring laid out. Now time to deal with a mysterious water bill from a city I haven't lived in in 3 years. Haven't received one from them before, so no idea why they decided now was the time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Day is done.
Met a Canadian dude whilst out walking, he was looking at some endanged ants that have supposedly remained unchanged since Jesus rode a dinosaur to school. I learnt some stuff.

Then I swore at electricity again, shit hates me.
Motor was reconditioned, showed no shorts.
Check current, voltages, waveform and for seemingly no good reason the motor wants 60A to turn unloaded, fuuuck!
Rip the motor out again.
View attachment 188114

Armature be too hot.
View attachment 188115

View attachment 188116
Some days I think I should get a more normal job working on bigger plant stuff where they have living, breathing electricians.
But, work is 5mins from home rather than an hour.
Check it with a megohmmeter?

Is it a permanent magnet motor? If it got overheated it could have demagnetized and therefore little more than a large resistor.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Fucking around with BBs and cranks. Millimeter here, millimeter there, what a mess everywhere. Now time to order some curry and use it as an excuse for moar intense lager ingestion.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
This may have been addresses elsewhere in some other thread, but what's your lager of choice in the US?
Lord Hobo 617 Lager is an acceptable affordable pilsner choice as the brewery is less than 2 miles from my home and the beer is always fresh. When I have a beer with my coworker/friend in Boston, I drink "Czech" beer on their menu. They get extra points for their use of Czech language. When I feel more fancy, there's only one choice - Schilling's "Czech" beer. Those are real nice lagers. Most times I just drink IPAs though.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Check it with a megohmmeter?

Is it a permanent magnet motor? If it got overheated it could have demagnetized and therefore little more than a large resistor.
It has been but I will again.

No permanent magnets but the shaft gets warm so the mega might show something this time.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
this ig post made my day....joe pernice taking his dog for a ride on his 81 gt cruiser

Screenshot_20230121_170956_Instagram.jpg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Lord Hobo 617 Lager is an acceptable affordable pilsner choice as the brewery is less than 2 miles from my home and the beer is always fresh. When I have a beer with my coworker/friend in Boston, I drink "Czech" beer on their menu. They get extra points for their use of Czech language. When I feel more fancy, there's only one choice - Schilling's "Czech" beer. Those are real nice lagers. Most times I just drink IPAs though.
I'll have to try the LH lager. They scare me with their hop bombs. I've had the schilling Alexandr, not sure how traditional it is, but I enjoyed it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
czeched out the Gloucester "so salty" festival which was really just an open house at the museum up there. Wicked expensive lunch for the fam (sheesh) but nice to hang out together and wander around a new city. No shirts to describe my horrid saltiness :(

Also tested out my trainer in comparison to my pedals. I swore I had a huge power discrepancy in the past, but I'll be damned if they aren't within 2-4% of one another, which is totally reasonable. I feel like an ass for bothering tech support. Oh well, at least my sad power numbers are probably what they should be.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
czeched out the Gloucester "so salty" festival which was really just an open house at the museum up there. Wicked expensive lunch for the fam (sheesh) but nice to hang out together and wander around a new city. No shirts to describe my horrid saltiness :(

Also tested out my trainer in comparison to my pedals. I swore I had a huge power discrepancy in the past, but I'll be damned if they aren't within 2-4% of one another, which is totally reasonable. I feel like an ass for bothering tech support. Oh well, at least my sad power numbers are probably what they should be.
which power pedals do you have again?