Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Alexander is nice, it's real close to the real thing.

That's the thing, hoppy bombs are easy, good lagers are hard. Even LH acknowledges as such.
View attachment 188136

:eek: Y U no Gloucester and Cape Ann? One of the few places worth living in MA, IMO...
Cape ann is great, I've been to essex and rockport and gloucester to see the greasy pole, but never the actual city. If I could live anywhere in MA post-retirement, it might be up there. Weingearsheyakei is my favorite beach.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Thing is, I have to go to Kansas in a few hours, so I figured I might as well get out and do something cool. It snowed a few inches yesterday and then again overnight, enough to make fat-biking kinda lame, I went out and snowshoed some trails last night. For skiing, I think I can get into some bigger terrain again (knee recovery), but there was a significant avalanche warning for this weekend. Not only that, but it had been calm all night and then it started blowing (wind transport) around 6am or so. Luckily that stopped about an hour into my tour, but I figured low angle terrain was going to be fine. The way I went has a nice little knob that remains wind-protected and while I could have gone up a lot higher, I figured I had good snow and it ain't worth a super long tour that never gets better when you got good snow here and now. I put in 5 little laps. Getting there involved crossing a snow-bridge over a creek, which partially collapsed when I went over. So I was grabbing alders to pull myself over. The sketchy-looking bridge on the way back turned out to be good. Slow as hell with transitions, but no ****s given.

Temp, about 26 to 29F. Blowing hard up high at first, but then just a light breeze later, enough to clear the glasses-goggles pretty well.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Now that it's been a few days to ruminate, I don't think my finger is broken but its all black and blue and sore. My 2nd rib seems to have some soft tissue drama as well. I got off lucky! I ran into a metal post going 10 mph while scoping out some homeless people being shady on my right.

They need to make those posts brighter because a dull gray post is hard to see in my peripheral when the backdrop is asphalt.

In other news someone having a mental crisis climbed 150ft up a cliff, in the buff, and then jumped. This happened across the street from one of the warehouses I work in. I wasn't there to see it happen. I know a guy who recently went down the fentynal hole and lost his 200k/year job. He lives pretty close by. We called the local hospital and also the trauma center in Seattle. He's neither place so either it wasnt him or he's in the morgue. Today is his birthday.

Last edited: