Quantcast

Get Out of Bed Slackers

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
another beauty of a day on tap. need to get the 11yo motivated for a ride somewhere. also finish taping and painting the trim in his room and work on making space in the garage for mom's old car.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hi, internet friends.
Coffee and breakfast, then figure out what to do with this beautiful weekend. I need to ride and prep a few pairs of skis, and I might think about going for my shingles vaccine.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Finally a sunny day in Euroland. I worked more on the rhododendron bed especially building up a small wall with stones from the patio that I am updating hopefully next year. Patio was planned for this year but not doing it before I have finished the basement project.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Study. Wifey wants me to install floating shelves today. Realized the the brackets hang out the back (ie not set in, hidden), so I will probably end up busting out the router at some point thia weekend. Mounting bracket is pretty bad too, so likely will need to drill recessed screw holes into the steel for mounting. Yay! for Etsy and poor detail work!

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid...

Tots and pears to the Monkeys living in the gritty "urban" environs of [checks notes] Golden CO:

+++++
The Paradise Hills neighborhood sits in the quiet foothills of Golden, Colo., and its homeowners association traditionally has concerned itself with enforcing rules around garage door paint colors and nudging residents to critter-proof their trash.

So it came as a surprise to Skip Erickson when the HOA board this spring declared that its neighborhood was now besieged by crime, with “bullets flying,” street racing and burglaries “terrorizing the families.”

To address the threat, the board said it wanted to buy one of the country’s hottest new security tools: license plate readers built to scan the tag on every passing vehicle for later inspection by homeowners and police.

To Erickson, 71, the idea of recording everyone’s movements in hopes of combating some imaginary menace seemed invasive, ineffective and absurd.

“Usually, the car break-ins here are from bears, as opposed to people,” he said. “And yet suddenly there was this paranoia that we had to protect the neighborhood at all costs.”

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
NE’rly today, rare for Wellington. Overcast but warm(~ish for spring). Bicycles and dirt followed by movies, followed by beers. Had an (increasingly rare) steak for dinner last night, with a Moroccan rub and garlic butter, fresh pasta snd salad. Holy shit it was good. Vatmeat cannot get here fast enough.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
YO. Went for a hike in the White Mountains today....5.3 miles up and down Cannon Mountain. Very rocky and slick but had a blast. My legs are tired since I don't hike very often. The rocks in this pic are pretty much what the entire trail looks like. This is Wife in the pic.

247669401_10223794724769697_23995066449909501_n (1).jpg

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Busy week of school and coaching. We had our sectional game on Wednesday (Varsity) and played our best game of the season despite the loss. Syd is really shaping up to be a skilled goalie and managed 13 saves (a couple of them were truly amazing stops of aerial shots) and only gave up 3 goals. She might make the league all star team with her stats as a sophomore (and first year goalie)
Then, today we had a great day finishing up our youth field hockey program. Small one played, tall one officiated and the school coaches got to enjoy watching our girls and provide any necessary first aid etc. Our Varsity girls were amazing as team leaders and officials. The other coach and I are super lucky to have such an awesome bunch of girls.
Spend some time blowing leaves and helping with haunted pole barn preparations. Also made a delicious pot of homemade chicken soup and homemade bread for dinner. (roasted a chicken for dinner last night so I had some awesome stock to make). Probably hot tub and a Halloween movie tonight!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
On my three day backpacking trip this week I heard coyotes, saw two multi-pointed Bucks, several wild ponies, dozens of Long Horn Steer, one Blue Spotted Salamander, hiked on wet slimy rawks and roots, surrounded by fog and turning leaves, slept in 30-40 mph winds at 45° with heavy rain showers, talked to a thru hiker from Florida doing back to back 24 mile days, and I didn't have to poop in any awkward places. As far rating, as hikes go, it was indeed a hike.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
forgot to mention that on my ride in les woods yesterday i got tracked and hunted by bear hounds. one "found" me then called the others over. when they realized i was a person and not a bear they carried on looking for bears. :rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid...

Tots and pears to the Monkeys living in the gritty "urban" environs of [checks notes] Golden CO:

+++++
The Paradise Hills neighborhood sits in the quiet foothills of Golden, Colo., and its homeowners association traditionally has concerned itself with enforcing rules around garage door paint colors and nudging residents to critter-proof their trash.

So it came as a surprise to Skip Erickson when the HOA board this spring declared that its neighborhood was now besieged by crime, with “bullets flying,” street racing and burglaries “terrorizing the families.”

To address the threat, the board said it wanted to buy one of the country’s hottest new security tools: license plate readers built to scan the tag on every passing vehicle for later inspection by homeowners and police.

To Erickson, 71, the idea of recording everyone’s movements in hopes of combating some imaginary menace seemed invasive, ineffective and absurd.

“Usually, the car break-ins here are from bears, as opposed to people,” he said. “And yet suddenly there was this paranoia that we had to protect the neighborhood at all costs.”
I think that's where @6thElement lives. Problem is *mostly* those goddam Apex shuttlers. :homer:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
forgot to mention that on my ride in les woods yesterday i got tracked and hunted by bear hounds. one "found" me then called the others over. when they realized i was a person and not a bear they carried on looking for bears. :rofl:
Do you wear blaze orange when it's hunting season down there?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Had a lovely ride, dirt was near perfect, smashed my favourite top-to-bottom, now 6th all time and 4th this year from 143 fellow eMTBers. Arms hurt. Need foods.