Quantcast

***Get out of town Friday GMT***

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Get out of town Friday is right! We leave for our Thanksgiving midwest vacation this afternoon. So glad to have over a week off of work.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Started feeling like sh1t yesterday, feel even more like sh1t today. Waiting for a vendor to come pick up some parts they they fvcked up then I'm leaving.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Hooray for rotator cuff tendonopathy! AKA "Act Your Age Shoulder"

At least the cartilage is still good (we're pretty sure...)

Ghost town in the office today, on baby duty tonight. Might watch a reply of the recent homo-erotic pseudo sports extravaganza while drinking some of the local growler fill brewery beer. Then a ride with the old 'n slow group tomorrow.

The off to watch my sister in law play vs. Meheeco for an international friendly on Sunday.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
And, sb66 if money comes shooting out of my d!ck
interesting. same sort of thing my outfit does. hope your rotations aren't too long... but I guess that's where the $ come from. and the airmiles!

and if the "shooting" part happens, you should add a "C" to your choice.

because, carbon.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
interesting. same sort of thing my outfit does. hope your rotations aren't too long... but I guess that's where the $ come from. and the airmiles!

and if the "shooting" part happens, you should add a "C" to your choice.

because, carbon.
Pre-Commissioning: Nov 23 - Dec 20

Commissioning: Jan 4 - Jan 24

Startup: 2 or 3 weeks in February depending on how things go

If my d!ck shoots that kind of money I might just buy a car lololololol

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
They wanted us to be up there through Christmas and New Years.

I feel bad for the guys from our Chinese office they are gonna be up there for almost 2 months straight.

btw its at almost 15,000ft :eek:. Going from sea level to 15,000 in a few hours should be interesting. Gonna be on diamox to hopefully avoid altitude sickness.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I have the house to myself (with the dogs) this weekend. Not sure what to do with myself, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. Vacation starts Tuesday, heading to mom's house and getting the whole fam together. We haven't all been in the same room in 3 years, WTF.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's a big ass copper mine. We designed the tailing pipe line about 5 years ago and now were going to go supervise while they get everything ready and start sh!t up. Gonna be back and forth between US and Peru for the next few months.

Kinda fuvcking up my ski season.

Crazy bastards relocated a whole village for this project.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/07/world/americas/hundreds-in-peru-balk-at-relocating-from-copper-mine-site.html
my only experience with a copper mine is looking across the SLC valley at the bingham canyon mine. /coolstorybro

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They wanted us to be up there through Christmas and New Years.

I feel bad for the guys from our Chinese office they are gonna be up there for almost 2 months straight.

btw its at almost 15,000ft :eek:. Going from sea level to 15,000 in a few hours should be interesting. Gonna be on diamox to hopefully avoid altitude sickness.
2 months? psh. that's nothing. my dad worked in china for 6 months straight. granted, he was using it to cash in, as they were paying him a 30% premium on top of his normal salary, PLUS COL expenses. he retired two months after he got back.

he's not on a week long bear hunting trip.

/anothercoolstorybro

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

14 mile run. Holy eff was it cold this morning. Fair amount of snow and ice out on the trail/road. Saw where either a hawk or a falcon had nailed something, perfect out line of the bird in the snow, also saw several coyotes. Guess the weather brings everyone out.

Heading for Death Valley... probably start tomorrow morning on the journey.
On purpose? :confused:
I have the house to myself (with the dogs) this weekend. Not sure what to do with myself
Beer + 4chan.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Those S Americans and their CRAZY calendars...
lol stupid lysdexia

Speaking of crazy Americans, our guys from the Chilean office can't work with us on this one because their labor laws prevent them from working more than 2 weeks without a break. Good thing the Americans and the Chinese don't give a sh!t.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
lol stupid lysdexia

Speaking of crazy Americans, our guys from the Chilean office can't work with us on this one because their labor laws prevent them from working more than 2 weeks without a break. Good thing the Americans and the Chinese don't give a ****.
kinda funny, eh? we had interruption in work in Senegal due to it being a legal requirement to have at least a 1 week break between projects for workers. Same project, different contracts? 1 week break!

teh lame.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So this car popped up on craigslist right down the street. I decided I had to drive it.

It has 13,708 miles on an '02. It's bone stock except for the intake filter. As I pulled out of the dealership, the front squeaked real bad. I took it up Skyline from Canyon up to Germantown and back. The sales guy was white knuckled the whole time. :rofl:

I could never ride shotgun in a car like that with a complete stranger. :panic:

I can't stop smiling. :D

<edit> It didn't squeak when I was done. I knocked the dust off that bitch.

Last edited: