Quantcast

Get past plateau?

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
I donno if you guys would know about this, but I've been lifting at the gym close to every day for a couple weeks now and I think I've hit my plateau. How exactly do I get past it? Will I need to take a supplement? Thanks. (and no I'm not a muscle head... I weigh 150 and I'm 5'9", just looking to get a lil bit bigger)

urbanhuckbot

Monkey
May 28, 2004
every day is too much.
you cannot plateau if you have only been lifting for a couple of weeks, well maybe.

get some knowledge, buy a book on strength training.
chainge up your routine, lower weights, higher reps, or higher weight, lower reps.

give it some time, a couple of weeks is a very short time.

as far as getting bigger, eat meat. you need to consume 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight in order for muscles to hypertrophy.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Well I've been lifting for a couple months, but with really low weight and a gazillion reps, I've only lifted heavy stuff for about a month now.

So every day is too much? I guess every other day then...

Thanks for your answer

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
this is a little late but oh well

REST.

You can only build muscle as fast as your body can recover after workouts

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
yeah dude you don;t want to weight train more than like 3X a week or you won;t see much improvements. After awhile you'll start to lose any gains you've made. So you want to always make sure you get enough rest.

drago52

Chimp
Aug 21, 2004
Eagle-Vail, CO
You can weight lift every day, but not the same parts. It's still better to take a rest every day. A good plan is to lift upper body one day, lower body the next, then rest a day. You'll end up lifting 5 days a week, but really focusing each workout on specific muscles. It works well.

Also, high reps/low sets tones muscles and builds endurance. Low reps/high sets builds bulk and power.

-Ryan

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
everything you need to know for lifting right here it is what i go to school for.

First work out 3 days a week what ever works for you 1 day on 1 day off then a 2 day break or vice versa 1 day on 2 day off and take one break day a week. everyones muscles respond differently. secondly your work out must be done in 47 minutes no more your levels crash and you are wasting your time(unless cardio) make a work out for yourself that work every mucle group in your body do you your legs first to boost natural levels of testosorone in your body here is the killer do one set thats it 8 to 10 for size 12 to 15 for tone. make sure you have a spot with you do so much weight you can only do the minimum rep 8 or 12 if the next time you should get at least a half more rep when you cap out at 10 or 15 go up 5 pounds in weight. you want muscular failure on each rep. work your ass off and reep the benefits

one muscle group once a week is for lifter that are on the juice, due to enhanced horomone levels you need more time to recover and grow.

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
urbanhuckbot said:
every day is too much.
you cannot plateau if you have only been lifting for a couple of weeks, well maybe.

get some knowledge, buy a book on strength training.
chainge up your routine, lower weights, higher reps, or higher weight, lower reps.

give it some time, a couple of weeks is a very short time.

as far as getting bigger, eat meat. you need to consume 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight in order for muscles to hypertrophy.
your bicpes do plateau in 3 weeks and you body will only grow if other muscles are growing to keep forces even