Quantcast

Get Some (this is the Monday gmt)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
whooookay

notice inserted. That was tough. It's never easy, but it was a lot easier at jobs I've truly hated. Unfortunately they want to hear details, and nobody wants to hear "It's because of you". I will stall and avoid as much as I can

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Arriving at Saratoga when?
probably pretty dang late as we're still on ile d'orleans poking around...
Germtube Monday! Greenville here I come. “Yay!”

At least I got to ride a bit last week, but not as much as I wanted. It hit 100F here a few days last week and I just can’t handle that type of heat.
greenville sc? at least you've got paris mountain (or with a bit of time, rock creek, kanuga, dupont, or pisgah) nearby!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Decided to try new ADHD meds about a month ago, to see if another class of meds might work better than what I've been taking for the past 10 years. I took the new ones for about a month. I'm not really sure they work better than what i had before, but they definitely fuck with my sleep. Being tired all the time was not great for my productivity. Then I also felt like they made me depressed and angry (or angrier...). I'm going to go without any meds for a week, then back to my old meds. I usually don't take the meds on weekends or holidays, but haven't tried working without them.

At the moment, I feel like I can't keep my mind on anything longer than 5 minutes. it's kind of crazy. After 10 years on the "original" meds, I'd lost track of whether or not they were doing anything. I'll reserve final judgement till after this week, but all signs point to "yes they do"...

All this makes me very apprehensive, as the class of meds my youngest son is on is the same that messed with my sleep and my mood. It really seems to help him stay focused and keep his hyper-activity in check, but at what cost...?

why can't parenting be easy?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
cool. well you're welcome to try your luck at it over the winter at my place. popped in Starlink yesterday to supplement the DSL, which slows mightily during peak hours.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
cool. well you're welcome to try your luck at it over the winter at my place. popped in Starlink yesterday to supplement the DSL, which slows mightily during peak hours.
That's real generous of you, senor. Wife and I may take you up on that. I just checked and speedtest.net reports 28Mbps down at my current location on the top deck of my buddy's casa. Seems wholly sufficient for the wife and I's to werk.

20240708_144358_resize_85.jpg

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That's real generous of you, senor. Wife and I may take you up on that. I just checked and speedtest.net reports 28Mbps down at my current location on the top deck of my buddy's casa. Seems wholly sufficient for the wife and I's to werk.
any time we already have it blocked off is fair game

nov dec.PNG

jan feb.PNG

mar.PNG

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
probably pretty dang late as we're still on ile d'orleans poking around...

greenville sc? at least you've got paris mountain (or with a bit of time, rock creek, kanuga, dupont, or pisgah) nearby!
Yup, but no chance to take advantage this trip. I travel on Mondays & Fridays, which means Tuesday-Thursday is packed.

(I consider travel-time to be on the cock time and refuse to work on weekends. I may need to reassess that policy and try to find time to ride more…)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Germtube Monday! Greenville here I come. “Yay!”

At least I got to ride a bit last week, but not as much as I wanted. It hit 100F here a few days last week and I just can’t handle that type of heat.
It has hit 90 degrees the last few days. Hot, but not that hot. There are articles in the Seattle times about how to stay cool, which seems silly unless you are a dumbass until I see people walking around in black sweatshirts and I am reminded of how many dumbasses there are.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
It has hit 90 degrees the last few days. Hot, but not that hot. There are articles in the Seattle times about how to stay cool, which seems silly unless you are a dumbass until I see people walking around in black sweatshirts and I am reminded of how many dumbasses there are.
Heh. Sweatshirts. Even the Latino farm workers take off their sweatshirts when it gets this hot!

Also, in SC now. Temp is nearly the same, but fuck this humidity.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
its a perfect 70 degrees on the coast btw,

got some more fab tooling put together, pops left his boat for me to rewire from the ground up and do a bit more welding on. I didnt feel right sending it off with him for road trips so completely rewiring it. House plan revision are about done, still waiting on DEQ for the septic permit, otherwise I am tinkering in the shop on projects to pass the time before the shit storm of building starts