Quantcast

Get Up, Stand Up GMT

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Finally found a pharmacy that has my meds in stock. Also Fiancee is back from Bali. Had a fun weekend. Landed on my face trying to do a backflip from the ground and getting scared when I did it too good. Now my neck hurts. On a more positive note I got a ton of good coffee from Bali (ok coffee since Indonesian coffee is rarely amazing) and I've met some good friends from back in the day. Also my ambulance chaser claims I can get $5k from an insurance company soon so maybe new bike time?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Misc bullshit to attend to this morning then off to Amsterdam/visiting friends in NL for the week.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
up at 3:30 got an insane schedule today. but off by 3pm. I was so mentally wiped out last night from all the EMS testing. I haven't slept that soundly in a long time. I also volunteered to work on turkey day so that I don't have to hang out with the MIL and the rest of that side the family.

thought of the morning Coffee be good

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It is inspiring to see that you have your priorities straight.
I'm spending way too much money on various gym and therapy things so I need to treat myself finally. Tempted to go endurpoo over dh since my 26'' dh bike still works well and I'm tempted to go to some idiotic islands where an enduro bike makes more sense.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mehh, at least this week is short and so is the next one for me. LinkedIn special has produced one jerb app - albeit a more junior one than I would like - and a call with hiring HR tomorrow so far. I *need* to find something soon as my situation is quickly deteriorating.

anded on my face trying to do a backflip

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. 8-18” now forecast for Denver beginning tonight. I’ll punt the Tesla to the driveway and move the Land Cruiser to the garage spot of honor before it hits.

Oh, and not working this whole week.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Short week and already FTS is off the charts. I made wicked progress on the camper in prep for adventure. There is still a lot to do, but it's been a year and while not quite half way, it has made serious progress.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
derping around . . . kids are off school, so didn't have to get up super early, except the 9yo decided to wake up earlier than he should have and start banging on the wall for some reason. wtf???

this is for sale on local forum. supposedly all original, never ridden from jc penney!
1574695909213.png

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So my automation that is tied to the TFS build server keeps failing because the build server thinks it can't access the test pc even though it can. I fought with this Thursday and Friday, now even our IT department can't explain why.

I love Windows environments.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Solid weekend.
Good pizza place found.
Good sandwich place found.
Stayed on-list at Target (okay, two small ticket extras crept in the cart).
Good drink spot in Pasadena.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
B000000000000000000000RK

Discovered that some mushrooms showed up under the plastic sheeting in the crawlspace / basement, going to look around and see where the water is coming from

oh and discovered that I have polybutylene for pretty much the whole house as well >:(

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also STILL looking for a long term role, not as hard as I was since I am getting paid for a few more weeks. But this shit gets old quick.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Discovered that some mushrooms showed up under the plastic sheeting in the crawlspace / basement, going to taste them and see where I'm going...
smoking-chimp.jpg

Also STILL looking for a long term role, not as hard as I was since I am getting paid for a few more weeks. But this shit gets old quick.
Fuck work. Have you considered retirement?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
ooof. maybe two 11.7% imperial stouts at lunch wasn't the way to go....i mean, it probably was, but it's a tough act to follow when i've only got regular strength beers to drink while making dinner!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Fantastic ride in Austin, ripped the legs off some hard charging locals, that felt great. Really loved the Hightower LT even though it was the basic model. Felt at home on it immediately. Some super techy ledgy stuff, floated right up and down it. Color me impressed. The guide brakes sucked, and the float dps and revelation left a lot to be desired, but it did everything very well.

Last edited:

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Fantastic ride in Austin, ripped the legs off some hard charging locals, that felt great. Really loved the Hightower LT even though it was the basic model. Felt at home on it immediately. Some super techy leggy stuff, floated right up and down it. Color me impressed. The guide brakes sucked, and the float dps and revelation left a lot to be desired, but it did everything very well.
I have the HIghtower LT as my main bike and it is a good all round tool. First thing I did was change rear pos shock with CCDB IL and put the debonair spring in the fork. Handles chunk and flow great.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
so damn nice to be sitting around with nothing pressing and having a beer after reading textbooks and cramming for exams for the past 10 days. Even mowing the lawns this evening was enjoyable. Only thing left to do for my recert is an easy 3 hour AHA BLS CPR class then send in my documentation and fees to Alameda County before January so that I get my new EMT Card before March

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I have the HIghtower LT as my main bike and it is a good all round tool. First thing I did was change rear pos shock with CCDB IL and put the debonair spring in the fork. Handles chunk and flow great.
hellz yeah, says its smaller wheeled sibling to the east with a regular ccdb! now that i've got it set up right, it's butter.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We should probably send a care package of White Castle and Cheetos to @TN to get him through the storm.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
I went to charge up my bike lights. Guess LI batteries don't last forever, they be dead(4 years old). Just ordered a new one that will run my combo flood/spot 2400 lumen light at full power for 6 hours. Should be here on Friday

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I went to charge up my bike lights. Guess LI batteries don't last forever, they be dead(4 years old). Just ordered a new one that will run my combo flood/spot 2400 lumen light at full power for 6 hours. Should be here on Friday
Sure your initial pack was lithium? I am fairly sure my pack is NiMH.