Quantcast

Getting a new fork

B

bigjumper820

I'm looking into getting a Marzocchi Dirt Jumper III. Does this fork perform well under dj conditions? Are there any things I should know about before I get this fork? Is it worth the money? Answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated!!

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
yeah they hold up great and don't have a bunch of crap to go wrong because they are so simple. And it DJ's well hence the name "DJ" or Dirt Jumper.
I know a lot of dudes on these things that love um.

B

bigjumper820

ya...thats kind of what I figured, but I was just not wanting to get myself into any crap, thanks

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
i'm gonna have to go out on a limb
and say the sherman dj is way better
but it is much more expensive, so in your
case i would go for one of the older marzocchi
z1's the ones with the bolt on arch, they rule

morgan

Sep 17, 2003
hey,
I have destroyed 3 count them, 3 dj's..
i do weigh 230#s but still...any 2 piece fork is not going to hold up as well as a solid cromo fork...thats what i have now a cromo fork off of a trek bruiser....i got my dj1 back from marz and am trying to reduce the travel to 3"s..maybe make it a little stronger, i dont know, i just like the geometry of my p-2 w/ the cromo fork....
if i had it to do again, or if i get the money to by a new fork, id get a sherman flick in 90mm.....theyre supposed to be beefy....might just stick with the rigid front end if my wrists can take it............(2 cents)

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
the DJ is prolly the strongest fork on the market. it has steel stantion and steel steer tube and is dirt cheap. its not very good for DH/FR application besause its dampening sucks for fast repeated hits. but for DJ and street i think its sick.

triumphbc

Chimp
Oct 9, 2003
Arlington, VA
For $299, the Manitou Sherman Firefly mentioned above is a steal! I used to ride a DJ3, but had to replace it and went with the Firefly. At that price, for just 30 bucks more you get the rapid travel adjust which is an awesome feature for dj/urban usage. The feel of the suspension is much smoother and the titanium spring keeps the weight down. The Firefly is just a higher end fork, hands down, and is WAY more versatile overall.