Quantcast

getting arrested....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
dh girlie said:
Did they do a cavity search?
How come I pictured you wringing your hands and grinning hungrily as you asked that question?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
dh girlie said:
Yeah you...I was merely referring to a movie...perhaps you didn't see it...but yeah...you...do I need to direct you the Brian J. Peppers thread and your post about what his genitalia might look like? :D
Something about teeth and a cross between this part and that part, if I recall...

You're BOTH weird!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
dh girlie said:
talk about callin the kettle black...you with your dressing up as a knight and...and....your red hayer! :D
I bet you'd look hawt in a medieval dress with the boobie exposing bodice. :D You should give it a try.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ciaran said:
I bet you'd look hawt in a medieval dress with the boobie exposing bodice. :D You should give it a try.
I think DHG would look better in the chainmail thong and cured leather tube top. Like a medieval stripper.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
H8R said:
I think DHG would look better in the chainmail thong and cured leather tube top. Like a medieval stripper.
i think I can make those. DHG, what's your size? :evil:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Yup!

Officer (while looking at my license):
"So, Mr. Repack, why were you going so fast?"
Me (both hands still on the wheel, avoiding eye contact): "Um, errr, uhh (stammering while thinking of something to say that wouldn't sound stupid)... because I can."
All I could think was "Did I really just say that?!?!?
Officer (laughing his ass off): Well, Mr. Repack, I appreciate you honnesty and you candor, but I am going to ask you to slow down."
I am NEVER going to try that again.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Repack said:
Yup!

Officer (while looking at my license):
"So, Mr. Repack, why were you going so fast?"
Me (both hands still on the wheel, avoiding eye contact): "Um, errr, uhh (stammering while thinking of something to say that wouldn't sound stupid)... because I can."
All I could think was "Did I really just say that?!?!?
Officer (laughing his ass off): Well, Mr. Repack, I appreciate you honnesty and you candor, but I am going to ask you to slow down."
I am NEVER going to try that again.
Most cops are so appreciative of the honesty that they will have a heart and cut you slack. Unless you jsut caused a pileup that killed 15 children and their great aunts on a charter bus.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Officer: Did you know you were doing 85?
Me: Actually no, I was not aware of that till I saw you behind me.
Officer: Why so fast?
Me: I guess I'm sick of this long drive.
Officer: Ok, slow down please.
Me: Ok, sorry bout that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I got nailed doing 95 mph.

Trooper: Do you know how fast you were going.
Me: Not really, my speedo only goes to 85.

He let me go with a warning, go figure.

J

JRB

Westy said:
I got nailed doing 95 mph.

Trooper: Do you know how fast you were going.
Me: Not really, my speedo only goes to 85.

He let me go with a warning, go figure.
I got the same thing once. Turns out that being cordial and whitty can be beneficial.

City cop: you know the speed limit through here???
Me: not really, but I'll wager I was going faster than posted.
CC: you were doing 83 mph with smoke on the tires.
Me: hrmmm - I didn't think it would do much more than the stated 85 mph. I should slow down.
CC: at least until you are out of Waco. :D Most guys would tag you something fierce.
Me: Most guys are the coolest cop in Waco though.
CC: have a great night.
Me: Hope to see you around, but not on the road.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
loco said:
CC: at least until you are out of Waco. :D Most guys would tag you something fierce.
Me: Most guys are the coolest cop in Waco though.
CC: have a great night.
Me: Hope to see you around, but not on the road.
So you got a potential date with a cop instead of a ticket. Gross.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Cop: License please.
Me: Ok.
Other Cop (addressing girl): Are you here on your own free will?
Cop: Have you ever been in trouble before?
Me: No sir.
Cop: What were you two doing?
Me (with pants only partially on and condom wrappers lying on the floor): Uh.....talking.
Cop: Sure you were, put your clothes back on and get out of here.

Yep. It is true. Nothing came of it though.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Polandspring88 said:
Cop: License please.
Me: Ok.
Other Cop (addressing girl): Are you here on your own free will?
Cop: Have you ever been in trouble before?
Me: No sir.
Cop: What were you two doing?
Me (with pants only partially on and condom wrappers lying on the floor): Uh.....talking.
Cop: Sure you were, put your clothes back on and get out of here.

Yep. It is true. Nothing came of it though.
Girls need to wear skirts for car sex. Guys....wear shorts with no boxers. Real easy to pull up.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
robdamanii said:
Girls need to wear skirts for car sex. Guys....wear shorts with no boxers. Real easy to pull up.
Of course the easy thing would be to just get a room at the No-Tell Motel.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
robdamanii said:
That might work, except it would not be as easy to hide that fact that it looked like I had the Washington Monument in my pants.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Polandspring88 said:
That might work, except it would not be as easy to hide that fact that it looked like I had the Washington Monument in my pants.
I heard that it was more like a toothpick under a paper towel.

(j/k)

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
so i got pulled over for doing 67 in a 45 today. im soo over with this disobeying the law stuff. damn me being in a hurry to go pick up my buddy at school so we could ride. oh i got let off with a warning with this one too. im so terrified of cops now.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
manimal said:
wow...you got lucky. a warning for 22 over is pretty rare. i usually arrest at 25 over.
I don't think I have ever heard of anyone getting arrested for speeding. Would that be something unique for your area? I have heard of people here in L.A. getting tickets for driving over 90mph on the freeways which have a max of 65mph.

I don't speed anymore. It's not worth it. In addition to the ticket and hassles that come with it, it's not worth risking your life over. Risk your life doing something fun like riding, don't risk your life over being late.

I also used to hate cops. I guess it's one of those things that's inherent to being a teenager. As I got older I realized that they are like anyone and anything else... there are always going to be good cops and bad cops. Some will become police officers so they can hassle people, some do it because they really want to help people and make a difference, some do it because it's a job. Likewise there are good doctors and bad doctors... good and bad computer techs, lawyers, teachers, etc.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Ciaran said:
I don't think I have ever heard of anyone getting arrested for speeding. Would that be something unique for your area?

i guess i better clarify. i don't hassle with 25 over on the freeway, any bad wreck over 65mph is going to be really bad regardless of whether it's 65 or 105. the 25 over arrest rule is my personal rule and it applies to lower speed limit areas where 25 over is pretty negligent. ie; school zones, busy residential 35mph zones. 60 in a 35 with lots of home/apartment driveways is pretty rediculous since you won't be able to stop in time if someone pulls out. it's not like a black and white rule either, it depends on a lot of things but 25 over is where i allow myself the option to arrest if i think it'll drive the point home. lots of punk kids will have mommy/daddy pay off a ticket or get a lawyer and have it reduced, but when you slap the handcuffs on someone, things change and they start to think..."hmmm, i guess he's serious about this careless and wreckless speeding thing".
every officer is different and has a different tolerance.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
manimal said:
i guess i better clarify. i don't hassle with 25 over on the freeway, any bad wreck over 65mph is going to be really bad regardless of whether it's 65 or 105. the 25 over arrest rule is my personal rule and it applies to lower speed limit areas where 25 over is pretty negligent. ie; school zones, busy residential 35mph zones. 60 in a 35 with lots of home/apartment driveways is pretty rediculous since you won't be able to stop in time if someone pulls out. it's not like a black and white rule either, it depends on a lot of things but 25 over is where i allow myself the option to arrest if i think it'll drive the point home. lots of punk kids will have mommy/daddy pay off a ticket or get a lawyer and have it reduced, but when you slap the handcuffs on someone, things change and they start to think..."hmmm, i guess he's serious about this careless and wreckless speeding thing".
Ahhhhh... I see. Good rule, I think. I grew up on a very small street that people used to fly down.... 50 - 60mph on our quiet little street. I wish those fools would have been arrested. I was almost hit many times and the people across the street lost there son to a speeder. (Many moons before I moved there.) There's no reason to go speeding down a residential street.

Though I did get a speeding ticket last month. 14 over in a 30 mph zone. Driving along and I didn't even notice how fast I was going. I come to an intersection and see a cop on a motorcycle. He looked at me and kinda smiled. I looked down and realized that I was speeding. D'oh!!! I pulled over before his lights were even on, I knew he had me dead to rights. When he pulled me over I just handed him my stuff and said, "I'll be getting a ticket today, won't I?" He laughed and said to slow down and gave me the ticket. First speeding ticket (heck,first ticket other than a parking ticket) in over 10 years.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
manimal said:
This is true, and sometimes unfortunate.

I got a ticket once for driving TOO SLOW.

Picture this:

Far northern California, up in the redwoods are near Crescent City.

I'm driving down hwy 101 in pouring rain. Cliffside. Twisty. In an older pickup truck.

I get pulled over for doing 45 mph in a 55 zone, because the cop could not go around me, (he was trying to hurry home to watch sitcoms I guess) because there was too much oncoming traffic. He had one car behind him, quite a ways back.

I get a $150 ticket for going too slow. He said I was not pulling over and allowing others to pass. On a rain slicked two lane highway road. On a cliff. In the dark. Doing 45. DICK!

I'm 300 miles from home, no WAY am I going to be able to get another vacation to drive north to fight it.

Some cops are total pricks, plain and simple.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
My only ticket was doing a crosscountry caravan last year. Was going down a deserted divided highway in eastern colorado and we passed this cop coming from the other direction doing like 105. He threw a nasty cross-median high speed u turn and pulled over me and a friend at once. top notch copping. it was almost worth the 125 bucks to watch this guy powerslide across the grass into the oncoming lanes. if ever there were a respectable reason to become a cop, it would definately be the legal high speed driving.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
manimal said:
well it was actually a 4 lane road and i was in the far left one. i was going the same speed as everyone else but i was just the unlucky one. it was another being overly respectful thing, i knew i was in the wrong and i thanked him for doing a good job. as much as it sucks to be hassled. i still dont hold anything against cops. i dont hate them. there just doing there jobs. if you have a reason to hate cops then you should seriously rethink how your living because your doing something wrong

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I grew up in San Diego and I remember the police being pretty cool in general. Yeah they pull over a lot of people, but let most off with warnings, which I think in the long run is a good police tactic. That way people know you're there and watching but you don't have total outrage against the police. And yes, they had to enforce the stupid curfew even (25 years ago), but the one time I was caught out , with my girl friend, "parking", they let us off with a warning.