Quantcast

getting arrested....

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
sucks ass. damn curfews. if ida known it was 10 i wouldnt have driven my buddy to get slurpees. ugh. oh well. theres something to be said for being respectful. i got off with nothing but going to the station and having them take my info. they parked my car somewhere safe instead of impounding it. and they gave me a ride home. im not going to court and its not on my record. the same cant be said for the other kids that got caught with us. they got arrested and are spendin the night in juvie because they were douchebags. its amazing how far telling the truth and a simple yes sir or no sir goes. :D

splat

Nam I am
lovebunny said:
the same can't be said for the other kids that got caught with us. they got arrested and are spending the night in juvie because they were douche bags. its amazing how far telling the truth and a simple yes sir or no sir goes. :D
a little respect goes a long way.

glad to hear you were smart about it and got off easy.

J

JRB

Mack - you listening to this????

Cool you got off light, LB.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
haha yeah i think from now on im gonna be a lil more respectful to everyone. my dads pickin me up in a half hour to get my car. all is going to be good. im so glad i got outa court charges. its not even gonna be on my record. but i do have like 5 emails allready asking me what happened from my friends.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Suckin' up to the Man ain't fun, but it is prudent at times. I spent a night or two in the klink at your age and it isn't much fun. I applaud your effort.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
lovebunny said:
sucks ass. damn curfews. if ida known it was 10 i wouldnt have driven my buddy to get slurpees. ugh. oh well. theres something to be said for being respectful. i got off with nothing but going to the station and having them take my info. they parked my car somewhere safe instead of impounding it. and they gave me a ride home. im not going to court and its not on my record. the same cant be said for the other kids that got caught with us. they got arrested and are spendin the night in juvie because they were douchebags. its amazing how far telling the truth and a simple yes sir or no sir goes. :D
Woah, TJ!!

Good for you for being respectful. To think what could have happened... :eek:

Was there a 10pm curfew because you are driving and under 18? Is it an ordinance in your community? What's up with the curfew? :confused:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Yeah, seriously, whats with the curfew? Does everyone have to be in by 10 if under 18? My county used to have that, but it was after midnight.

I got really really scared when I read the title of this thread and who started it......you did JUST get your license after all.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
BigMike said:
Yeah, seriously, whats with the curfew? Does everyone have to be in by 10 if under 18? My county used to have that, but it was after midnight.

I got really really scared when I read the title of this thread and who started it......you did JUST get your license after all.
I thought curfews were old school. Our town doesn't have one of any kind.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
wow, that must suck to have a 10 oclock curfew. in massachusetts i believe its only illegal to be driving if you are under 18 between midnight and 5 am but even then its not strictly enforced.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Cooter Brown said:
10 F#CKING O'CLOCK!!

What kind of jacked up law is that? That's just a reason for them to get you in and "check your papers". Can anyone say police state?

bullsh!t

um....they don't have to arrest you for a curfew violation to "check your papers".

i have a few friends that are SD cops and they don't like enforcing the curfew laws very much but the local legislation deemed it necessary for some reason or other.

lovebunny: good on you for keeping a cool head about it. when it comes to teens, i don't mess with those that know they're in the wrong and are respectful. if i catch 2 kids blatantly trespassing and one is apologetic and respectful and the other is playing the cooter brown "this is a police state" BS....guess which one is getting stuffed in the back of my car or eating a citation? it's pretty amusing how the ones that are always bitching about being harrassed by the PO-lice are the same ones making an ass of themselves that drew attention to them in the first place.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
sunny said:
Woah, TJ!!

Good for you for being respectful. To think what could have happened... :eek:

Was there a 10pm curfew because you are driving and under 18? Is it an ordinance in your community? What's up with the curfew? :confused:
San Diego police are a bunch of ass hats. Hassling a bunch of teenagers getting slurpies and taking them to jail for curfew violations sounds right on par with SD police. Yet another reason I would never live in SD. The first two reasons being that I can't afford it and the second being that the in laws live there. :D

Nice job TJ on keeping your cool... when I was 16 I ran into the same thing with my hometown police. Unfortunately for me I cussed them out and all that. My dad picked me up at 3AM and he was PISSED.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
manimal said:
um....they don't have to arrest you for a curfew violation to "check your papers".

i have a few friends that are SD cops and they don't like enforcing the curfew laws very much but the local legislation deemed it necessary for some reason or other.

lovebunny: good on you for keeping a cool head about it. when it comes to teens, i don't mess with those that know they're in the wrong and are respectful. if i catch 2 kids blatantly trespassing and one is apologetic and respectful and the other is playing the cooter brown "this is a police state" BS....guess which one is getting stuffed in the back of my car or eating a citation? it's pretty amusing how the ones that are always bitching about being harrassed by the PO-lice are the same ones making an ass of themselves that drew attention to them in the first place.

Man, I was walking past a local middle school at lunch on friday, becasue my friend told me there was some insane roof gaps. All the kids were hanging out at the front end at lunch (I guess) So we just walked around back. When all of a sudden some cop (Who was about 5'4, while me and my friend are 6'3 and 6'2 respectively) Felt the need to harrass us

You know you arent supposed to be here right?

Um..No, I guess I didn't. Thanks for the warning though.

He could of just let us walk the ten feet of the school zone to the park where we were hanging out, But he had to keep us there and run our names and give us the lame lecture.

I wish the cops in my town were as cool as you

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I think the curfew is 12 here, but I've never heard of anyone getting arrested for being out past it.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
manimal said:
um....they don't have to arrest you for a curfew violation to "check your papers.
so, what you're saying is, that even if you're doing nothing wrong, the "brownshirt" phrase, "let me see your papers" can be whipped out on an innocent citizen just because?

like I said, can anyone say Nazi Germany?

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
the funniest arrest ive ever seen was my brother getting arrested for dressing up in an orange vest and hot pants, and directing traffic with a stop/slow sign.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
As a kid who grew up in So cal and still lives here, we were out all the time past 10, but we didn't look like douchebags. I never once got bothered for curfew. That was the last thing we ever were going to get in trouble for.

Atleast you didn't get fined or anything, that'd be the worst. If you keep your cool and are honest with a cop you have a good chance of being let go. We always used the excuse we were just getting something to eat, nothing more or less and in some cases telling the truth wins. Now, if you had toliet paper in the back, and a car fully loaded of kids that's another story. But if it's you and a couple of other guys I've never seen a issue or problem.

They must have nothing better to do down in SD.

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
lovebunny said:
well they said they were cracking down on teen crime because there was a jump in juvenile crime recently. they said they were stopping anyone who looks under 18.

blah blah blah cops are douchebags

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
gnurider1080 said:
wow, that must suck to have a 10 oclock curfew. in massachusetts i believe its only illegal to be driving if you are under 18 between midnight and 5 am but even then its not strictly enforced.
you need to have a parent or legal gaurdian with you.

DAMN ten? jeesus. what if your flight gets in late and you dont want to sleep anywhere besides home? what are you supposed to do? i used to hang out downtown until the wee hours, and we never got any sh!t from cops.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Gotta love that 10 o'clock curfew. I got popped a couple of times for riding past 10, but kissing the man's ass is necessary at times.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Cooter Brown said:
so, what you're saying is, that even if you're doing nothing wrong, the "brownshirt" phrase, "let me see your papers" can be whipped out on an innocent citizen just because?

like I said, can anyone say Nazi Germany?
yes, most people can say "nazi germany", even though folks from your neck of the woods have problems with 5 syllable phrases :nuts:

don't get so pissy just because you're ignorant of the law, particulary the rights afforded you by the 4th ammendment.

the point i was making was that we don't need to "take you to the station" to "see your papers". if you're suspected of breaking the law, be it speeding, drugs or just being out past curfew; cops have the right to question you about your business and gather your personal information as the situation dictates. If you're simply being "suspicious" and no reasonable suspicion exists that you've broken a law then we can ASK to speak with you and gather your info but you can say "screw you" and leave. things change when, "hey...can i talk to you for a second", becomes, "stop, what is your name.....".

greenchris - "blah,blah,blah...cops are douchebags". try living somewhere w/out a police force and see how you like it.
it's a lose/lose situation for us. if your house is being robbed we never get there in time, but if we stop to question the suspicious looking dude near your house at 2am....we're harassing people. it's called proactive policing and some people might get a little tit-hurt over it because we infringed on your imaginary right to do whatever you want. the only people that get pissy at me when i'm doing my job by being curious and asking questions, are the ones that were doing something illegal or about to do something illegal when i stopped them.

most cops seem like douchebags because we have to deal with ungrateful and ignorant little turds like you that can't see or understand anything past their snotty little noses.

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
I've been stopped a few times for some pretty stupid stuff, although I've never gotten a ticket... but honestly I have more respect for cops then many others. They are role models in the community- everyone knows their business, they gotta deal with a TON of bull**** and a lot of people give em ****. My cousins been a cop for 3 years and some of the stories I hear prevent me from being a cop... I would have shot the bastards.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
manimal said:
yes, most people can say "nazi germany", even though folks from your neck of the woods have problems with 5 syllable phrases :nuts:

don't get so pissy just because you're ignorant of the law, particulary the rights afforded you by the 4th ammendment.

the point i was making was that we don't need to "take you to the station" to "see your papers". if you're suspected of breaking the law, be it speeding, drugs or just being out past curfew; cops have the right to question you about your business and gather your personal information as the situation dictates. If you're simply being "suspicious" and no reasonable suspicion exists that you've broken a law then we can ASK to speak with you and gather your info but you can say "screw you" and leave. things change when, "hey...can i talk to you for a second", becomes, "stop, what is your name.....".

greenchris - "blah,blah,blah...cops are douchebags". try living somewhere w/out a police force and see how you like it.
it's a lose/lose situation for us. if your house is being robbed we never get there in time, but if we stop to question the suspicious looking dude near your house at 2am....we're harassing people. it's called proactive policing and some people might get a little tit-hurt over it because we infringed on your imaginary right to do whatever you want. the only people that get pissy at me when i'm doing my job by being curious and asking questions, are the ones that were doing something illegal or about to do something illegal when i stopped them.

most cops seem like douchebags because we have to deal with ungrateful and ignorant little turds like you that can't see or understand anything past their snotty little noses.
as much as I never got along with cops when I was younger I would have to agree with everything you said....I find some folks just hate cops for no reason at all.....D

Mountain_Dewd

Monkey
May 30, 2005
whis
werd up hommie ****in cops dont know what there **** is. the yu just want to screw uuuuu...

exccuesx the post im ****ed theeer ways to sunnday....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Mountain_Dewd said:
werd up hommie ****in cops dont know what there **** is. the yu just want to screw uuuuu...

Brilliant.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
BMXman said:
as much as I never got along with cops when I was younger I would have to agree with everything you said....I find some folks just hate cops for no reason at all.....D
i never got along w/ them much either, i think that's just part of being young. i had my license suspended once because i had so many tickets....mostly for riding wheelies and speeding over 100mph :D i still don't know how i got the job :confused:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Mountain_Dewd said:

oh man...i'd have fun w/ you on the street. i have all kinds of games to play with drunk/stoned kids ;)

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
A. Lovebunny, I can't believe you. If I were your father, I would tell you that you know better.
B. Cops are a funny breed of people. I got pulled over the other night after the Weezer/Foo Fighters concert. It was around 2330 and we were no where near where the concert was. All the cop asked me was "Have you ever been arrested?" "Have you been drinking?". I hadn't drank all night because I was driving, so I was completely sober. I do the follow-my-finger test multiple times then another cop rolls up asking the same questions doing the same tests...finally the first on says "alright, here's all your stuff back, have a good night.." I ask him why he pulled me over and his response was "oh, your headlight is out" 20 minutes of BS to tell me my headlight is out!? Interesting...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
manimal said:

Hmmm. No curfew in my neighborhood when I was a kid. The cops there were looking for Son of Sam in the late 70's or trying to stem the crack epidemic in the 80's. Funny how I have more respect for the police growing up in the Bronx.

Is San Diego a dangerous place? Is that why cops are hassling teenagers?

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
manimal my good man, the reason this is a police state is not because police are evil but because the laws that other douch nozzles ask them to enforce ar so stupid. i recognize that the vast majority of cops are just looking to do good in our country (although it is sometimes impossible to overlook the contingent of proto-fascist power tripping assholes).

But the fact of the matter is that police are every day required to enforce things that are not in fact LAW. They enforce ordinances, regulations, decrees, edicts, anything but law (which I define as strictly that legislation which prevents citizens from demonstrably and deliberately violating the negative rights of their fellow citizens). the fact that people get put away in this country for victimless crimes, what basically ammount to crimes against the state and its perverse sense of moral superiority, is insane.

the problem i have with cops if anything is that they DECIDED to become cops even though they know damn well what kind of stupid crap they will be asked to enforce. cops choose to cooperate with something demonstrably evil. i dont know why they do it. you tell me.

what i do know is that real crimes against me are better prevented by the knife in my pocket and the head on my shoulders than by a cop on every corner.

You ask me to try living in a world without cops. I try to every day of my life, but they keep showing up more and more places.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
skatetokil said:
manimal my good man, the reason this is a police state is not because police are evil but because the laws that other douch nozzles ask them to enforce ar so stupid. i recognize that the vast majority of cops are just looking to do good in our country (although it is sometimes impossible to overlook the contingent of proto-fascist power tripping assholes).

But the fact of the matter is that police are every day required to enforce things that are not in fact LAW. They enforce ordinances, regulations, decrees, edicts, anything but law (which I define as strictly that legislation which prevents citizens from demonstrably and deliberately violating the negative rights of their fellow citizens). the fact that people get put away in this country for victimless crimes, what basically ammount to crimes against the state and its perverse sense of moral superiority, is insane.

the problem i have with cops if anything is that they DECIDED to become cops even though they know damn well what kind of stupid crap they will be asked to enforce. cops choose to cooperate with something demonstrably evil. i dont know why they do it. you tell me.

what i do know is that real crimes against me are better prevented by the knife in my pocket and the head on my shoulders than by a cop on every corner.

You ask me to try living in a world without cops. I try to every day of my life, but they keep showing up more and more places.
yeah dawg anarchy! :rolleyes:

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
LOL 10pm curfew! I forgot all about that the second I got to Spain, where the partiers go out at midnight and get wild till 8 or 9 in the morning. The average family will be out till well past midnight socializing and enjoying some snacks with friends. I'll be walking with friends or alone at 4, 5, 6 in the morning, making a ton of noise, and the police won't even give us a second glance. Such a different culture, where in the states, it's illegal to be out and about past 10 if you happen to be under 18. Last night, around midnight, I looked out my window because a bunch of kids were yelling. They were playing a game with a soccer ball down the street from my house, and they were around 8 or 10 years old. No one, no police, no parents, would think twice about letting their kids play in the parks and streets, because it's such a different culture. Yes, violent crime exists here, but it seems like we as Americans are consistently more and more paranoid. There are some stupid risks you can take, yes, but the fact remains that they are two totally different cultures. In America, I would not let my kids play in the streets past midnight because they would be the only normal people out there, where as here everyone stays out late, so it's a lot safer. If you really can't stand getting bothered by the cops for such trivial reasons, come on out to Spain, or somewhere else, and open your eyes to a different lifestyle.

Still though, ten pm curfews are the lamest thing a city can do. Why put so little trust in the teenage age group? Do teenagers really cause most of the violent crimes in San Diego?