Quantcast

Getting into MX....

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Hey,

I'm going to be spending a load of time in SoCal working over the next few months and I was thinking of how to fill in my spare weekends. Is there anywhere in the area that you can go and give Motocross a try? Any links?

I've never done it and would really like to have a go at it.

Cheers,
Jon.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Well there are quit a few MX tracks, Lake Elsonore, Paris, LACR, El Cajon, to name a few, but I doubt you could rent a bike and just give it a go. Some tracks do offer clinics though. Search google for the above tracks and check it out.

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
You can "just rent bikes and go". It cost's about $250 per day but it includes a lot! As long as you schedule your trip in advance you should have no problem. I would suggest going to Cahuilla Creek in Temecula. The track is easy and lots of fun no matter what skill level you are. Check the site that I posted and it should answer all of your questions.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
jon-boy said:
Hey,

I'm going to be spending a load of time in SoCal working over the next few months and I was thinking of how to fill in my spare weekends. Is there anywhere in the area that you can go and give Motocross a try? Any links?

I've never done it and would really like to have a go at it.

Cheers,
Jon.
You could bring a mountain bike, too...try riding on some dry stuff for a change...

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Yeah the bike's coming with me. I'll be doing a couple of races in Fontana. Where else should I head to do some DH?
I'll be staying in Ontario and working near Riverside, from the 15th Feb till March 10th.
Anyone want to show me the local sites?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
jon-boy said:
Yeah the bike's coming with me. I'll be doing a couple of races in Fontana. Where else should I head to do some DH?
I'll be staying in Ontario and working near Riverside, from the 15th Feb till March 10th.
Anyone want to show me the local sites?
Sure, man, we'll show you anything you want. Local sites are best discussed off the forum. You'll be near a few and have plenty more within 1.5-2 hours. Will you have a car?

MD