Quantcast

Getting Jealous of the Diablo updates... Anything from snowshoe yet?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
isn't that mostly the same riding footage as was used in the other promo from years past? there is a vid. lower on that player labeled "mountain bike park" that most of that "new" footage is from!

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
I think that post isn't filled with too much hate, I think it's pretty well written and thought out. I think Snowshoe management could/should definitely listen to this. I think the management staff does a poor job of helping the trail crew showcase the work that they have put fourth on the trails and they should help the trail crew more by giving them some more money/time to put more staff out on the hill to better/further improve this trail system and expand.

With the price of gas added into the costs incurred during a weekend traveling to snowshoe, from the lift tickets, to food and lodging, it's gonna be a harder sale, so they (management/marketing) should really step it up to get the excitement going for this mountain. I agree this is a great place for Mountain Biking, but hype isn't a bad thing when selling a product.
sorry, but no hate here. we need excitement (hype, promotion, whatever you want to call it) to tell riders what is going on! i and many of us riders have spent a lot of time, effort, and money on bikes, (building and riding) trails, and hitting up resorts. i don't think it's a big deal to ask for a quality product that is properly marketed.

customers need information about what they are "buying" and should be able to ask for improvements, updates, and information. businesses should look at what other competitors are doing to improve their product. it's just not good enough to say we are bigger, better, cooler, etc... than the rest. inform the consumer or like corey said "if you build it, sometimes they won't come." maybe i just have high standards, but i'd rather set the bar high than settle for less...

so, it's one week from snowshoe opening weekend and i might end up riding there if plans fall into place.
- what should i expect? is that too much to ask?
- what trails will be open and what is new for this year?
- what beers are on tap at the firefox grill?
:cheers:

beachbum

Chimp
Feb 19, 2007
coastal nc
sorry, but no hate here. we need excitement (hype, promotion, whatever you want to call it) to tell riders what is going on! i and many of us riders have spent a lot of time, effort, and money on bikes, (building and riding) trails, and hitting up resorts. i don't think it's a big deal to ask for a quality product that is properly marketed.

customers need information about what they are "buying" and should be able to ask for improvements, updates, and information. businesses should look at what other competitors are doing to improve their product. it's just not good enough to say we are bigger, better, cooler, etc... than the rest. inform the consumer or like corey said "if you build it, sometimes they won't come." maybe i just have high standards, but i'd rather set the bar high than settle for less...

so, it's one week from snowshoe opening weekend and i might end up riding there if plans fall into place.
- what should i expect? is that too much to ask?
- what trails will be open and what is new for this year?
- what beers are on tap at the firefox grill?
:cheers:
i don't work at sn, but was up last week and these are some of the things you can expect,
snow on some of the slopes
most, 98% of the trails i saw will be open
at least one new trail up above power line/ball-n-jack
mountain state brewing, amber and pale ale and others
the thing everyone needs to keep in mind, sn is a "ski" mountain,
when ski season ends everyone...EVERYONE leaves except the cops,
some are layed off and some take vacation. So there arn't a lot of people to put out a bunch of hype this time of year. It is also hard for them to build new trails this early in the season because the ground is saturated and it rains a lot. Some extra trail building equipment will arrive in about 2 weeks and more after that, their "dry"??? season is usually july and aug. They are working on some big things this season. When they all fall into place i'm sure they'll be on the web.
I've got some pics of the new trail, i'll try to post soon.
The big hype right now is 2 highspeed quads running every weekend in July and Aug. and you know the trail crew is always working on something new