Quantcast

Getting older....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ya know... I don't feel older and aside from beating my body up skateboarding I don't do much different.

Something I have noticed is my perception and understanding of the interworkings of my family.
Man it's freaky!!
You grow up thinking that your family is normal and for the most part my immediate family is. We're the typical product of a baby boomer WASP family. What is weird is extended family that you didn't really know all the dirty stories till you start getting older and your parents tell you bit by bit and your aunts and uncles tell you bit by bit......
I spent Sunday at a family reunion so this is all kind of fresh in my mind. Family does create some great stories though!!

UCSBrian

Chimp
Mar 11, 2002
seattle
yeah, as i got older, hell as i get older, you do realize lots of different things. For me i realized how much i thought i got away with, my parents actually knew about.

For example id do something stupid make up some clever story and think i got away with it. When in reality they knew the whole time.

eg, i took the parents car four wheeling and ended up denting the grill up and hood (dont ask). Well i told my parents it happened in a parking lot while i was away. When i graduated from college the topic of cars and four wheeling came up with some friends parents. And my dad says oh brian used to do that too. Like that time when you said the rodeo got dented up in the "parking lot". And he just looked at me. I almost shat myself.

It was pretty funny.

So yeah i know what you mean.

Also did you notice that as you get older hangovers get more frequent and more severe?

Brian

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
UCSBrian said:
Also did you notice that as you get older hangovers get more frequent and more severe?

Brian

Oh my god so true!! I remember drinking an entire bottle of liquor to by myself in high school. Now I wouldnt' even think about it.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Yeah most of my time growing up I thought I had everyone else fooled. Hopefully I was right... :oink:

Hangovers = Dehydration

Get some water, fools! :monkey:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
stosh said:
Where the heck did this joke come from?
Somehow it's relatively easy for me to fathom you providing sanctuary for Jawa's. Don't ask me why.
Click on the jawa for the origin, back when you had an avatar that was more appropriate for your custom title...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
stosh said:
ya know... I don't feel older and aside from beating my body up skateboarding I don't do much different.

Something I have noticed is my perception and understanding of the interworkings of my family.
Man it's freaky!!
You grow up thinking that your family is normal and for the most part my immediate family is. We're the typical product of a baby boomer WASP family. What is weird is extended family that you didn't really know all the dirty stories till you start getting older and your parents tell you bit by bit and your aunts and uncles tell you bit by bit......
I spent Sunday at a family reunion so this is all kind of fresh in my mind. Family does create some great stories though!!
your right. i didnt know my parents got stoned (no more though) until I got high with my uncle & he told me all the good stories. :evil: Like when they got my grandparents high one time.

but also I never knew my grandmother & my dead grand dad were divorced until I was 18 (he died when i was 1).

weird stuff.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
UCSBrian said:
yeah, as i got older, hell as i get older, you do realize lots of different things. For me i realized how much i thought i got away with, my parents actually knew about.

Brian
LOL
yeah, i THOUGHT i was pretty sneaky too.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
TN said:
your right. i didnt know my parents got stoned (no more though) until I got high with my uncle & he told me all the good stories. :evil: Like when they got my grandparents high one time.

but also I never knew my grandmother & my dead grand dad were divorced until I was 18 (he died when i was 1).

weird stuff.
it's gonna be the same thing with the Stosh's kids. They won't hear about the Jawa's until they're in college..... :monkey:

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
UCSBrian said:

darn tootin'. i could go on for hours about stupid stuff i did that i thought my parents would never find out about.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Skookum said:
Somehow it's relatively easy for me to fathom you providing sanctuary for Jawa's. Don't ask me why.
Click on the jawa for the origin, back when you had an avatar that was more appropriate for your custom title...
Gottcha!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Skookum said:
it's gonna be the same thing with the Stosh's kids. They won't hear about the Jawa's until they're in college..... :monkey:
Man I am not telling my kids anything. I'm going to put a gag order on my sister as well.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I find that I'm getting surly and ornery (sp?) as I get older. Someday I'm going to make an excellent mean, miserable old man (probably in about 2-3 years).

I've also found out how skewed my perspective on life was when I was a kid. My parents got divorced when I was a year old, and I was fed a steady feed of opinions about one parent from the other. Sometimes people need to keep their opinons to themselves. OK, most of the time they need to...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I find that I'm getting surly and ornery (sp?) as I get older. Someday I'm going to make an excellent mean, miserable old man (probably in about 2-3 years).

I've also found out how skewed my perspective on life was when I was a kid. My parents got divorced when I was a year old, and I was fed a steady feed of opinions about one parent from the other. Sometimes people need to keep their opinons to themselves. OK, most of the time they need to...
Yeah and tattel-tailing is different now, now people just talk about each other.....