Quantcast

Getting out and Flying in

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
So, I've lived in good ole' Louisiana most of my life and besides a few spurts in Tejas and over seas, i haven't really left. Ill be graduating soon so I decided that I might need to get out and see a few things. I've been thinking about school up north for a while and yesterday i took the chance. Saving whatever I could i got a roundtrip ticket to philly and reservations at a hip place in center city....leaving me about 50$ for 5 nights. Monday I have an interview at UARTS for photography but besides that, I've been on my feet for the past 24 hours. I just can't get enough. I met a few nice guys and they took me on a tour of the city well past 3 AM. Everyone is on a bicycle and despite what I've heard, the locals aren't royal arses. I think I found home.

Now, I'm sure this sounds like the typical country bumpkin who floats up to yank town and has a blast. Well, that's how it is. I don't drive a truck or wrastle with the coon dogs, but i do have the cajun blood and southern gentleman temperment. There are only so many keggers and frat parties one can go to before they realize there has to be something else besides your hometown university. Getting high and making rent just becomes dull after a while. An urgent desperation for something substantial creeps up your spine and bites your neck.

I hated being the only commuter besides the local bums, I hated being the only person willing not to drink for the sake of everyone, I hated being the only person not wearing a flannel shirt and a baseball cap. I just wanted some sort of social stimulation, and now, it's within my grasp.