Quantcast

Getting out of DH!

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
I ended up not going...our team fell apart at the last minute. How did you do? I heard it was a miserable mud fest...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
dhjill said:
I ended up not going...our team fell apart at the last minute. How did you do? I heard it was a miserable mud fest...
Oh yes, it was VERY wet and muddy but I pushed through it. I went out 3rd for my team and my first lap was quite slick and I realized soon that it was going to be a long race. our next 2 riders are new to the sport and combined for just over 5 1/2 hours of riding in the downpours. Our first rider went out again and when he came back in our second rider decided to call it quits and went to sleep. I woke up (in a panic) and looked for everyone to see why they hadn't gotten me up for my lap and they told me it was too sketchy that we would resume in a few more hours. :nope:

I got back up a little before 5am and decided I wasn't giving up. I took the sunrise lap, came in feeling awesome and decided to take another lap (after some food). It was amazing. We ended up finishing 19th but the other two teams finished quite well. Echo & Co. (Team East Coast Monkeys) finished 5th and landed on the podium, while Ghostrider & Co. (West Coast Monkey Spankers) finished 6th.

Overall, I was REALLY pleased with my improvement and now I know that I just need to push myself a little harder during the race and I can be faster :D Looks like I am going to be training even harder for Dalton in June :thumb:

Sorry for the long response...guess I am still excited ;)