Quantcast

Getting sick....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I've worked at this job for 3 years now and I've never taken a sick day because I was actually sick.

I never GET sick... is anybody else like this?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
No.

I'm usually good for one cold per year that requires me to take a day or two off. This year I happened to be in Vegas for a conference when it hit. So, I'm now in the clear for another year.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I always use my sick days to play hookey, I only ever get an annual cold that keeps me off work for a few dasys otherwise.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
In the last 6 years @ this job I've used 2 sick days. One for the flu ( I was shivering uncontrollably ), and one for a broken leg.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Rockland said:
In the last 6 years @ this job I've used 2 sick days. One for the flu ( I was shivering uncontrollably ), and one for a broken leg.
Thats impressive man!

I've used more bereavement days than I have sick days in the past 3 years.

The job before this I worked for 3 years and never took a single sick day.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
You just screwed yourself. You're going to get sicker than you could ever imagine. In 3 years I've never taken a sick day because I was actually sick.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Rockland said:
Thanks... I was just thinking about how many funerals of people close to me I've had to go to as opposed to how often I've been sick. Sorry I didn't mean turn the thread that way.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
amateur said:
You just screwed yourself. You're going to get sicker than you could ever imagine. In 3 years I've never taken a sick day because I was actually sick.
I've said it a million times that I can't get sick and I still haven't.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Rockland said:
You had the flu and only missed one day? I had the flu a few years ago (only time I've ever had it) and I missed five days. The weekends kept me from missing nine.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've taken 3 sick days in 10 years. One sick day because I had food poisoning and the other two because my boss gave me a bunch of crap because he didn't think I was actually sick. What an asshole.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
I've taken 3 sick days in 10 years. One sick day because I had food poisoning and the other two because my boss gave me a bunch of crap because he didn't think I was actually sick. What an asshole.
Wait, you took 3 in a row?

Food poisoning sucks!!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I Are Baboon said:
You had the flu and only missed one day? I had the flu a few years ago (only time I've ever had it) and I missed five days. The weekends kept me from missing nine.
I was fairly miserable @ work for a few days before I caved in. :help:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
Wait, you took 3 in a row?

Food poisoning sucks!!
Yep, 3 in a row. Called in because I was two pot sick, had to sit on one pot while hanging my head in the other. Boss left me a message asking me to do work from home because he didn't think I was sick enough to not work. I took the next two days off out of hate and discontent.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Yep, 3 in a row. Called in because I was two pot sick, had to sit on one pot while hanging my head in the other. Boss left me a message asking me to do work from home because he didn't think I was sick enough to not work. I took the next two days off out of hate and discontent.
Thats quality man!!!!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Westy said:
Heh, I did that a few years ago... :dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
I call that "The Violator." :blah:

I had it once. It was the worst 24 hours of my life.
That happened to a guy at our end of the year party, he started throwing up during the party but hid it well....

He was sipping beef broth for like 4 days after.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I used to get 3 colds a year. After I started working in a hospital I started washing my hands like ten times a day. Now I get sick like once every two years or so. WASH THEM HANDS PEOPLE!!!!

My sick time and vacation time are one and the same... I get 25 days off a year (plus four float holidays) that I can use any way I want. Occasionally I call in sick to go ride or play hookey... rarely do I call in sick because I am sick.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
That happened to a guy at our end of the year party, he started throwing up during the party but hid it well....

He was sipping beef broth for like 4 days after.
That illness hits FAST. You're feeling 100% fine, and within two hours you're sick as a dog. You can't eat for three days after because your abs and stomach hurt like hell from puking so much.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
stinkyboy said:
I'm hungover every day, so I can't tell...
Oh man... I was f'ing sick this weekend with that flu!!!

I had to meet this guy from work a Jehova Witness at 9:30 to go to a computer show and I couldn't even take 2 bites out of my moons over my hami.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
we don't have a sick day policy or allotment...that said, i rarely take a sick day...maybe 2 in the last 5-6 years? not counting injury days, i've taken a couple of those too.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I take one or 2 real sick days a year, and those I could probably tough out.

What really chaps me are the work-a-holics who show up sick as death coughing up a bacterial stew into the office. Go the F**k home douches, you'll make the whole office sick!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
narlus said:
social distortion has probably caused more sick days for DHG than i've taken since i started working.
and a close second would be girl's weekends in Vegas..... I miss DHG. :(

I normally get one decent sick a year. Its normally a couple of days of miserable. Since we introduced the germ factory to the house I definately get the sniffles more often.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I don't get sick... I just get kidney stone.

All of my sick days in the 6 years I've been here have been for kidney stones of "family issues" (i.e. kids are sick, wife has surgery... etc.).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I don't get sick... I just get kidney stone.

All of my sick days in the 6 years I've been here have been for kidney stones of "family issues" (i.e. kids are sick, wife has surgery... etc.).
Thats probably because you don't eat vegetable.