Quantcast

getting springs from manitou/rant

tomyboy

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Irvine
I have a manitou static stance. I really need the XFirm springs. I tried contacted Manitou for the springs directly. They said to buy through a dealer.

So I visit performance(the only manitou dealer i know of) and back-order the static stance x firm springs. That was 2 months ago.

I e-mailed Manitou again in an attempt to get the springs direct again. No answer yet.

Has anyone been successful at dealing with Manitou?? They are the most unresponsive fork company. My experiences with Marzocchi/Rockshox direct has been good. They actually are willing to sell springs to me direct! What is Manitou's problem?

Oct 9, 2006
I got a spring sent direct to me for free. All you have to do is call the number on the web page and talk to the guys and be nice.

tomyboy

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Irvine
I asked pretty nicely :) This is the direct reply from Manitou:
> > Your bike shop can order direct from us. Unfortunately we do NOT sell
> > consumer direct.
> >
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Answer Products/Manitou Customer Service

Oct 9, 2006
then the problem is with your LBS because every time I have ordered anything from mine is has come in within a week. I ordered a fork and a set of springs for my dual crown and when I bought a single crown I had a spring in four days. SO get on your LBS because all they have to do is make a phone call to manitou and and give the a credit card number and they ship the stuff out as soon as it clears.