Quantcast

getting there [bike build]

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ok got all the bearings in [headset and BB] and started putting it together.

I need to cut down the steerer tube a bit more, and route all the cables and then she will ready for the first taste of dirt

Last edited:

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
Looks good, but I wouldn't cut that steerer any more until you ride it and see how it feels. On a bike like that a more upright position is favorable.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
funny thing..the bike looks huge to me just sitting there [lg frame], but when I get on it the cockpit feels small no way I could fit myself on a medium. Very much more upright and compact, just what I was looking for. I can't wait to see how it rides.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
That came with a nice shock. I've ridden a frame with one of those RS shocks and it rode great. Look forward to hearing your report following your first ride on it.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Those Sette bikes look really similar to bikes that i've seen around here a lot. The Fezzari's.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
beer time, I finished the build

From the old bike
XT shifters and rear derailer, LX crank
Titec stem and bar
WTB Seat and post
RhinoliteRims Deore hubs with WTB Velociraptors
Time Z pedals
Dirt Jumper 3 fork [can swap Jr T]
Avid 185 mm discbrake and levers

New Stuff
Frame and rear Shock
Cane Creek ZS-3 head set
Avid 160mm rear disc brake
UN54 BB
XT Front Derailer

Rode it around my yard and oh man I can't wait to hit the trails with it

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
First Dirt:dance:

I had about an hour of light left tonight so I rolled down my driveway and hit the singletrack across the street:p:dirol:

WOW...I can fly on this bike. The trail is about 10" wide and has some flowing rollers and curves, some very tight 150* hairpins and some nice rocky chutes thant hug the cliff edge on really nice 1.5 mile 500' descent to some fire road. The steering is pretty much point and shoot and the rear suspension was spot on, no chatter or flex and very plush. I still have a grin on my face.

Climbing seated is a blast with no rear suspension bob, the same can't be said if you stand. It's not super obnoxious but a lock out would be nice.

I'm going to do a long ride this weekend, more then.

Last edited: