Quantcast

Getting to Beacon Hill?

Dr. Ill

Monkey
Nov 29, 2005
What up guys? I'm in spokane for the weekend and was wondering if anyone can point me to the top of beacon. I went up to like the beacon resturant and asked the locals but nobody was really sure.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Dr. Ill

Monkey
Nov 29, 2005
From Spokane.
I was at the buttom by the park and also by a mexican farm ranch with lamas ostrigres and cows

jubilee

Chimp
Mar 29, 2006
Earth
Dr. Ill said:
From Spokane.
I was at the buttom by the park and also by a mexican farm ranch with lamas ostrigres and cows
You need to call one of the local shops (North Division, Wheel Sport, or Vertical Earth in Coeur d'Alene) and get directions. There's a large parking lot across from the river (on riverside drive, I think)....then you just push or ride to the top from there. Check the WA forum on mtbr.com too. Have fun.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
you cant get to the very top, because there are deap ruts on the trail from water run off. if the gates are open, you can drive about half way up w/out issue. just hike, it'll be easier.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
If you were at the exotic critter farm, you were at the NE corner of Beacon - almost nobody goes there. The best route is to approach the south edge via Upriver Drive either from Market St. (west) or from Argonne Road (east). Look for the Camp Sekani or Boulder Beach parking lots. Most people push/ride up from there. Most DHers go up from Boulder Beach; XC tend to park at Camp Sekani.