Quantcast

Getting to Falls City???

Dr. Ill

Monkey
Nov 29, 2005
Hey I live in Portland and i've been wanting to go to Falls for a while. Can someone give me directions so I don't get lost and die???
Thanks

Take I-5 north to SR 18 East. After you pass through Tacoma SR 18 is about another 5-10 minutes on. Take that all the way east to Snoqualmie Ridge and when it ends at the T turn left. That road will take you past Snoqualmie Falls and down the hill and across the bridge to Fall City.

You riding up here? If so there are several awesome places within about 10 minutes of Fall City. Let us know and we'll set you up with a few that are easy to find.

Mike

Dr. Ill

Monkey
Nov 29, 2005
Thanks Mike
It's spring break for me this week so I'm going to try to make it to Falls maybe today or tomorrow.
If there are other places near that are good I'm in.
I'll talk to my buddies and see if I'm going today or tommorrow.

nuclear 674

Monkey
Aug 12, 2005
ahead of you!!!
call santaim bicycle 503-363-6602. one of the guys there organizes and builds the trails at fall city. You can also look up black rock freeride association. Hope this is helpful.

elRey

Turbo Monkey
http://blackrockfreeride.org/docs/BlackrockTrailDrivingDirections-fromSalem.pdf

Blackrock Trails are located west of Falls City, Oregon.

Driving directions to the trailhead from I-5 / Salem (drive time: 50-60 minutes):

From I-5, take exit 258 (North Salem / Fairgrounds / Amphitheater).

Turn Southwest onto Portland RD.

Continue on Portland RD to Marion Street (follow signs for “Dallas / Ocean Beaches”).

Turn onto Marion Street heading West to reach OR-22 WEST (you’ll leave town over
Marion Street bridge).

Continue on OR-22 West to Dallas (approx. 9 miles from Salem).

Turn left off OR-22, continue on Ellendale AVE (follow Kings Valley / Falls City signs).

In Dallas, bear left onto MAIN ST (you’ll see sign for OR-223 SOUTH).

Turn right onto FAIRVIEW AVE – which becomes OR-223 South – follow out of town.

Continue on OR-223 South to Falls City RD (approx. 9 miles from Dallas).

Turn right onto Falls City RD, continue to Falls City.

In Falls City...

Continue west on main road through town.

Bear right before bridge onto Mitchell (where there’s a metal sculpture – do not cross
bridge).

Continue up short hill, Turn left onto dirt road and mark your odometer.

Follow river about 3 miles.

Turn right just past “Camp Tapawingo” sign.

Continue ~250 yards, crossing over bridge / park at small area to right (do not drive past
the gate – even if it is open).

You’ll see wooden Blackrock Trail sign. See trail map for details about where to
ride! Have fun!

Dr. Ill

Monkey
Nov 29, 2005
Thanks all,
I went today at around noon and it was sick.
All the trials were nice and the jumps were sweet.
Good day of riding.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Dr. Ill said:
Thanks all,
I went today at around noon and it was sick.
All the trials were nice and the jumps were sweet.
Good day of riding.
Let me know the next time you want to go. If it's dry, I'm not hurt, I have a bike, and I'm not riding my dirt bike, I'll go with you.

Tim

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I want to go mon or tues, are the trails easy to find? From portland do you head down I-5 to salem then? How long did it take you to get there from portland?