Quantcast

<~~>getupalreadygmt<~~>

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The idea of my little buddy getting a full clawed bear swipe scares the living shit out of me. I was actually shaking this morning after that. Fucker just goes nose to nose and barks his head off.
Pup wanted to speak to the bear's manager

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The idea of my little buddy getting a full clawed bear swipe scares the living shit out of me. I was actually shaking this morning after that. Fucker just goes nose to nose and barks his head off.
A friend of mine was babysitting a red nosed pit for a year while the owner worked out his living situation. The dog had been through obedience school and had non verbal attack commands. Otherwise she was one of the sweetest pups you could play with. He would take her with him to his parents house every Sunday while he cooked for them. Their cat relentlessly taunted the dog. And since she was disciplined, she would just take it. Until one day he was coking lamb and threw the shank between the dog and the cat. The pit could inhale massive rib bones without chewing them. Made a rather disturbing vacuum sound as she devoured the lamb shank in one gulp. The cat never bothered the dog again.

Maybe you could show your dog an equally educational video or something.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I had an awesome 56 mile ride on the tri bike this morning....probably my best of the year. 19.7 mph and got stronger as the ride progressed. So as I sat at a red light around mile 54, some shitbird in a pickup truck pulled up beside me and yelled at me to "Stay the fuck out of my way", and then processed to swing around me and slam on his brakes, then get out his truck and start hollering some more about how he's "Going through some shit right now" and doesn't need me getting in his way. I called him a douchebag, which certainly didn't help but needed to be said, and I told him to get back in his truck and drive away, which amazingly he did, right through the red light of course. Fuck is wrong with people? I was mentally prepared to defend myself if he got any closer to me. He had his hands at his sides and wasn't carrying anything. So then I pedaled the two miles home and had a fast three mile brick run, probably fueled by adrenaline.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
chores done so I decided to harvest some peppers and make salsa. Only finely chopped up one Ghost pepper for about 12 oz of salsa.(diced, tomato, red onion, finely chopped garlic. salt, pepper, cumin, coriander , dash of vinegar, dash of lemon juice). Took a taste it was awesome, then the pepper ignited. mouth on fire, lips tingling, little cough then my sinuses went off followed by my eyes watering like crazy. WINNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
We hosted a foot race at the trailz today. A taco truck catered the event. I had parking lot duty. Rumors have it that I put down a bakers dozen in tacos.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
All I have seen so far (except on my cameras at night) have been does and I'm in a no doe zone :(
Guy 100 yards from me took a heavy 6-pointer this morning. Things are going to heat up this week when the cold front rolls through.

I've seen a few does, but plenty of turkey, a bear, and a porcupine.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
ordered "garlic hot" wings tonight. had not seen them on the menu before. feel like i unlocked some kind of secret bonus level. head sweats ensued. pleased indeed.

@CBJ - chillin on the porch with an espresso kbs right meow....

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I had an awesome 56 mile ride on the tri bike this morning....probably my best of the year. 19.7 mph and got stronger as the ride progressed. So as I sat at a red light around mile 54, some shitbird in a pickup truck pulled up beside me and yelled at me to "Stay the fuck out of my way", and then processed to swing around me and slam on his brakes, then get out his truck and start hollering some more about how he's "Going through some shit right now" and doesn't need me getting in his way. I called him a douchebag, which certainly didn't help but needed to be said, and I told him to get back in his truck and drive away, which amazingly he did, right through the red light of course. Fuck is wrong with people? I was mentally prepared to defend myself if he got any closer to me. He had his hands at his sides and wasn't carrying anything. So then I pedaled the two miles home and had a fast three mile brick run, probably fueled by adrenaline.
If I (you) had a rocket launcher though less effective against cars

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If I (you) had a rocket launcher though less effective against cars

I'm sure that wasn't staged. Every cyclist carries fireworks and had a tube taped to their bikes and everyone on a scooter drives at 12 MPH the exact range of a bottle rocket.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm sure that wasn't staged. Every cyclist carries fireworks and had a tube taped to their bikes and everyone on a scooter drives at 12 MPH the exact range of a bottle rocket.
Not gonna lie, I did consider it after seeing that video 2 years ago.

Then I remembered riding on roads was stupid, I don't do that, and that shooting hikers with bottlerockets here would just result in historical fires.

But I fuckin thought about it man!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Had a 3hr+ tech/safety session for Haley's kart this evening. Dad of her mentor does tech inspections for local series races, so he's the guy to talk with about tech and safety. Overall not too bad, but definitely some things on the "get it fixed ASAP" list. He's letting me try out a new tool for tires, that I might go with, but not sure. I probably walked out of there with $100 worth of improvements for the kart.

Got a text while we were there that my grandpa died. Still hasn't totally registered. I've had to kind of block it out, as we were at someone's home, being done a huge favor. I'm sure it will register at a wonderfully inappropriate time tomorrow.

Early morning, race day.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
sorry about your Grandpa Mark. he made it a long time ( my pops made it to 96 which makes me fucking old too). Good on ya for focusing on your kids safety and encouraging her to be a bad ass and follow her own path. May she end up kicking butt just like Ruth in where ever she choses to go.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Had a 3hr+ tech/safety session for Haley's kart this evening. Dad of her mentor does tech inspections for local series races, so he's the guy to talk with about tech and safety. Overall not too bad, but definitely some things on the "get it fixed ASAP" list. He's letting me try out a new tool for tires, that I might go with, but not sure. I probably walked out of there with $100 worth of improvements for the kart.

Got a text while we were there that my grandpa died. Still hasn't totally registered. I've had to kind of block it out, as we were at someone's home, being done a huge favor. I'm sure it will register at a wonderfully inappropriate time tomorrow.

Early morning, race day.
Sorry to hear, my condolences! :(

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Guy 100 yards from me took a heavy 6-pointer this morning. Things are going to heat up this week when the cold front rolls through.

I've seen a few does, but plenty of turkey, a bear, and a porcupine.
Yup. That's what I am expecting. I'll see your turkey, bear & porcupine and raise you a fisher (the scariest thing in my back yard for sure).

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California

Early morning, race day.
Sorry to hear it. Doesn’t make it any easier, but 93 is a pretty good number.