Quantcast

gfmt turdsday

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Trying to find the motivation to work this job knowing that I've already accepted another one. Just waiting to give my two weeks notice, hopefully tomorrow is the day.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. I had a good ride last night, although our group was chased around the woods by a chopper that was circling above our heads. :tinfoil: We shut down our lights and stayed in the dark for a few minutes and then it finally lost interest in us and flew away. Rain today, no riding. :twitch:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
"Somewhere over the rainbow" by Israel played on the radio this morning while I was getting my little guy ready. Took a few minutes to listen and cuddle, it was nice.

Skipped on a ride last night caus' I'm so frikken tired. It could well have been the last nice(ish) ride of the year, they're calling for rain/sleet/snow for the foreseeable future. This fall-back thing isn't working so well with the kids... 5am wake-ups suck.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Morning. I had a good ride last night, although our group was chased around the woods by a chopper that was circling above our heads. :tinfoil: We shut down our lights and stayed in the dark for a few minutes and then it finally lost interest in us and flew away. Rain today, no riding. :twitch:
Wouldn't happen to have been the Fells would it? I did a night ride there 4-5 years ago with a buddy and there was a helicopter flying around with floods on, and police/dogs at just about every trailhead. Turn out they were looking for a missing girl.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
No hangover after beer and sake. My foot is doing much better after the podiatrist stuck a huge needle in my foot and injected cortisone Monday. Rain day so I miss my bike commute today.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Wouldn't happen to have been the Fells would it? I did a night ride there 4-5 years ago with a buddy and there was a helicopter flying around with floods on, and police/dogs at just about every trailhead. Turn out they were looking for a missing girl.
We were perplexed they did not have any floods on, no lights whatsoever. They were not above the highways as they sometimes are. There was no search or fire or anything like that going on either. It was just weird.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I felt sick last night but better this morning. Then my pregnant wife decided this morning would be a good time to have a puking bout. Lovely.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hello all. I felt sick last night but better this morning. Then my pregnant wife decided this morning would be a good time to have a puking bout. Lovely.
More importantly, did you have to heat your ass this morning?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

My car still isn't done, f@ckers. I got my awesome review yesterday and my boss made up all this stuff he thinks I did to make me sound like some sort of rockstar. I guess if it looks like he manages a bunch of rockstars it benefits him on his review, so it makes sense.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Run this morning. Chaperoning the daughters field trip to the zoo here in a bit. :twitch: Our last payment put us below 100k on the house. Feels like a milestone of some kind, just not sure what.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
More importantly, did you have to heat your ass this morning?
Ass-heat is a given these days. It's nice having the car in the garage--50 degrees ambient without frosty windows sure beats 35-40 + frost.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Nice of them to 'finish' your garage with postage stamp sized drywall scraps.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
It's a KB Homes house. Probably was $250k brand new (10 years ago) in an expensive neighborhood. They clearly cut every corner they could... but that's ok since it's just a rental. :D

We're going to go with this for when we build: http://www.newtownbuilders.com/denver-aurora-new-homes-builder/solaris-ii-single-family-homes-at-conservatory-green/solaris-ii-single-family-homes-at-conservatory-green-from-the-mid-300′s/

Much nicer build quality from my layman's eye, 10' ceilings on 1st floor, 9' in basement, 9.5" walls with 2 x 4"s separated by an air gap, and enough solar on the roof to make it net zero energy. :thumb:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I used my heated seats the other day for the first time. I had totally forgot it was on, I thought I pissed my pants the heat was so intense.

Today was such a waste of a day. Not sure why I even bothered going to work. I had one task lined up to complete for the assistant general manager and the guy who was supposed to assist me (and said he would) completely flaked out all day. I would have done the task myself, but I'm not the owner of the equipment. Ugh

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Wait a second...

You're gonna pay over $400K to live on the east side of Denver? :think: :nope:
With the lot premium for a big lot (rare in Stapleton) and the extra features (basement is extra, etc.) it'll probably be damn near $600k all said and done.

A short commute is worth a lot in terms of quality of life for me, having spent some years in places where it wasn't possible.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
My "boss" was let go today. I have mixed feelings about it - he is incapable of rubbing two thoughts together and was a disaster in front of customers, but he is a very nice, kind hearted, and generous person.
You should offer to take another sabbatical, and allow him to finish out the year.

You should offer to take another sabbatical, and allow him to finish out the year.
Nah. Either the company shows evidence of getting their shit together or I walk. This is one of a few pieces of evidence that they're at least trying to get their shit together. One way or another, I'm retiring next year.

Quit that job and come with me to New Zealand.
That is one of the most tempting proposals I have heard in many years.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Nah. Either the company shows evidence of getting their shit together or I walk. This is one of a few pieces of evidence that they're at least trying to get their shit together. One way or another, I'm retiring next year.

That is one of the most tempting proposals I have heard in many years.
I have access to a tug boat.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
bringing clothes tomorrow to work and leaving them there. I'll ride into there on Saturday for nice freedom, hompfully weather permitting. My BMX bike was repaired today.