Quantcast

GF's '06 Supercaliber

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Who cares? :rolleyes:

What's up with these 29" bike announcements? There are a lot of new or innovative bikes coming out. You don't even have any useful commentary, just a picture. Whoop-dee-doo.

Did you not notice that your last one was banished to the Tech forum, or are you just stubborn like Blue?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
People bitch that there isn't enough bike stuff in the lounge. They also bitch about how N8 is a major cause of that. So when he does post something bike related it causes some sort of problem or he isnt' doing it the "right" way. Some folks need to catch a f'ing clue.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
DRB said:
People bitch that there isn't enough bike stuff in the lounge. They also bitch about how N8 is a major cause of that. So when he does post something bike related it causes some sort of problem or he isnt' doing it the "right" way. Some folks need to catch a f'ing clue.
Might want to check who is bitching that there isn't enough bike stuff in the Lounge.

It's the freakin' Lounge. I like general content - if it's good, and it's bike related, great. If it's good, and it's not bike related, great. If it sucks, then it sucks, bike related or not.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Looks like a heckler with a bad paintjob. I like GF stuff, but they have the gayest paintjobs of all. Every time I see the little "GF" on the "cake" model, I think about fabio and get a half chub.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
.:Jeenyus:. said:
When are you going to figure out that we don't care?
When are you going to figure out that N8 doesn't care if we care or not???

He's posting about something he's into... just be glad that it's bike-related.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
jacksonpt said:
When are you going to figure out that N8 doesn't care if we care or not???
I think most ppl have figured it out already.. its just a point of commenting on his comments. and I think he makes posts knowing people will comment on them, for better or worse

J

JRB

I figured that it would be N8's BF's 29".

What's with this DRB pvssy being all sensitive???

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I am kinda pissed they quit making the Sugar FS design... I tool'd around in the parking lot on one a few weeks ago and it seamed like a pretty nice suspension design... and now all of their FS's are the single pivot "Cake" design!!! ????

I am in agreement with BS about the paint schemes... I mean come on already... why handycap yourself with crappy paint????

J

JRB

brungeman said:
I am kinda pissed they quit making the Sugar FS design... I tool'd around in the parking lot on one a few weeks ago and it seamed like a pretty nice suspension design... and now all of their FS's are the single pivot "Cake" design!!! ????

I am in agreement with BS about the paint schemes... I mean come on already... why handycap yourself with crappy paint????
I would imagine that Trek finally said we are not replacing any more sugars.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
loco said:
I would imagine that Trek finally said we are not replacing any more sugars.
I don't know enough about them... were they problem prone? because the guy riding this one wasn't exactly small and wasn't exactly light on his bike either!!! the thing rode pretty nice!!!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
N8 is free to post about 29ers all he wants, just like we are free to ignore him or tell him we are not convinced they are any good for the kind of athletic riding many of us prefer.

J

JRB

brungeman said:
I don't know enough about them... were they problem prone? because the guy riding this one wasn't exactly small and wasn't exactly light on his bike either!!! the thing rode pretty nice!!!
Kind of like Fuels. There was at least a 25% breakage rate on chainstays, with people I know.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
loco said:
Kind of like Fuels. There was at least a 25% breakage rate on chainstays, with people I know.
wow... I didn't know that... the shop I work at started selling GF's at the tail end of the Sugar's production run... and haven't seen any coming in... that sucks cause as I said the bike rode pretty nice and the suspension was a pretty versitile design...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
brungeman said:
wow... I didn't know that... the shop I work at started selling GF's at the tail end of the Sugar's production run... and haven't seen any coming in... that sucks cause as I said the bike rode pretty nice and the suspension was a pretty versitile design...
The GF 292/293's have a frame cracking problem.. however, GF has a lifetime replacement program if you have a sales reciept.

If you buy a used one, make SURE you get the original reciept for it.

J

JRB

What N8 means - substitute 292/293 with the word "Sugar".

Funniest thing ever was seeing toninator with a 29er Sugar. Like he could even get a leg over it. :think:

He did actually get to sell it and make some jack. That was pretty cool.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
SOoooo ugly!

Expect lateral rear triangle flex and the standard seat-tube breakage. Nice KHS though...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
i remember when the Supercaliber didn't look like a walmart bike :dead: ;)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
BurlyShirley said:
Looks like a heckler with a bad paintjob. I like GF stuff, but they have the gayest paintjobs of all. Every time I see the little "GF" on the "cake" model, I think about fabio and get a half chub.
:rofl: :stupid: Except for the Fabio chubby bit, you fag.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
loco said:
That is because Trek is GAY. And Cannondale, and Gary Fisher. All Homoseshwan. Ghey in the butt.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Changleen said:
That is because Trek is GAY. And Cannondale, and Gary Fisher. All Homoseshwan. Ghey in the butt.
Maybe. But what does that prove? Don't forget, your nephew is gay, he just hasn't said anything yet.