Quantcast

GGG 04 videos and pics

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
First of all, gotta thank Team Wrong Way for puttin on the event. I sure hope it happens again next year, I don't have much time during the school year to race and that seems like when they mostly happen, and it was just a fun/close race overall. I had a great time out there. Carnage this weekend was pretty bad, for me it was bike troubles, for others it was both rider and bike :( I think we all had a blast though.

I don't have too many pictures on my camera, but I did get some video. Only 5 minutes worth. Helmet cammed my run for fun. I need to let off them brakes and hit those jumps :rolleyes: That pogo stick made my legs pretty tired within the first couple of turns :D

Videos for you to download (Please right click and save):
My run
Josef at the beginning
Raacerx on the "G-out" section and heading onto the rock garden
Nice save by Tasso at the beginning
Taylor at the beginning
Taylor's friend right after a fall that could have been much worse.. I'm sorry I didn't get it! :(

Max coming through the rock garden

Stoney, the expert rider

The Heep and me going somewhere

Hope you enjoy.

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
Was a cool weekend. I was supposed to race the beginner 19-34, but I cased the finish jump :angry: on what turned into my last practice run Saturday, I couldn't hold onto the bars yet when I woke up, so I just came to watch.
:)

Heres the pics, I guess I got 60-70 different riders pics. If you want me to look for yours, tell me your number.

First DLo, because I saw myself in your video, and it was easy to find your pic:

If I was like Acadian, I could have one-handed it down too I suppose... ;)

Not sure who this is, he washed out 3 times while I oculd see him due to a flat, good effort even so I thought.

A nice rock jump shot:

This guy crashed hard, but he got up and was hammering again quick:

This guy launched:

The guy on the left was PISSED, he was getting blocked a long time from what I heard up above:

I thought this guy had style. Gold tassels in the bar ends. :)

Little (crazy?) trooper, DJ lid, no pads and a hardtail.

Nice air in the chute near the finish:

BRacing

Monkey
Feb 3, 2003
NorCal
The guy on the gold Kona hardtail is Daryl. It was his first time ever racing , or even being on a DH course. He did an awesome job keeping the rubber-side-down throughout the weekend, and I think he'll be coming back for more.

-B

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Pleasant Hill, Kali'fo'nya
Nice vids and pics!!! Wish I could have been there riding but...

1. The new Giant DH Team (will post pics sometime soon :D) was not ready and..
2. I was stuck at work all day in Pleasanton:angry:

Hope to make it next year.

[un]

Chimp
Mar 18, 2002
Bernal Heights, SF
As everyone is doing it... I was #355, red Fox jersey, yellow helmet, short travel bike...
I had a great time this week-end, and thanks for posting pics and videos (that fast) so we can all keep some track of it.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Well ok... number 291, tall guy on black yeti w/ red boxxer.

This weekend was fun... thanks to all who made it happen.

East Bay Rich

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
WC CA
My girlfriend got some pics at the first haybail jump and vids of the rolling singletrack after that jump and the 2 short, quick turns.

We have pics at the bottom of the very top section (where we had to hike up) for the following riders:

259, 309, 245, 246, 247, 260, 257, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265

The bottom turn before the first jump:

307, 310, 320, 322, 323, 325, 336, 339

The jump:

344, 345, 348, 349, 350, 351, 354, 355, 397, 400, 401, 402, 403, 404

Vid clips were taken at a low res. I think we have 435 or 439, 441, 444 (me) and 445 plus a few FOFs.

PM me if any of these are your numbers.

If anyone has 444 (me), please PM me. Thanks!

-East Bay Rich

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by BRacing
The guy on the gold Kona hardtail is Daryl. It was his first time ever racing , or even being on a DH course. He did an awesome job keeping the rubber-side-down throughout the weekend, and I think he'll be coming back for more.

-B
Another pic of the soopa-troopa. I heard him talking on the shuttle on Saturday, he had a good attitude.

I just noticed, he has an old-skool evil bashguard.

I started counting at the rock garden, and from what I saw, not 1 person who dropped a chain was running an evil guide.
Lots of MRP's and Truvativ guides were choking though, there was lots of swearing at the rock garden, hehe....

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by Damn True
How 'bout #359, white Giant, Trailhead kit.
You my good fellow, are in much luck :)
(To be honest, I only took 'lots' of pics of people that came thru really fast, because I was trying to get a good crash sequence. You musta been flying for me to take 5 pics, hehehe. Most people I got 1 or 2)

Like the others, hi-res available, same link, minus the A on the filename

I was diggin those white Giants. I was one of the masses on the blue one's. :)

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by Acadian
humm...I don't even know what # I had?
I couldn't tell you. I just knew who you were, and saw you going past. I had moved too early, and had to take some lame pics on that flat section.
I was laughing about you pumping up the shuttle tho. They enjoyed it too. :D

Mebe at the Otter or at Sears Point/Infineon I'll come say hi.

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
Originally posted by Damn True
Oh man, I was going soooo slow through there. I tried to pedal out of the turn leading onto the road and slid out a bit and lost aaaaaallllllll of my momentum. The first pic looks great though.
Man True that must have been taken during practice cause you look really slow like your testing out a new line. Hahahh

Yep that is me thanks.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
That course looks like fun. Our entire courses look like your little rock garden with mud. Nice pics:D

D

Dingus McGee

Wow, cool photo album app, Pete....I like the Pinwheel transition....my eyes are spinning...better hit Random next time! Great shots...wish I made it.

Also, anybody know, like, who won and stuff?

wddung

Chimp
Mar 28, 2004
Sonoma County
Guy with the gold tassels on the bar ends and red SC Bullit is George. He raced in Fast Old Farts class. I watched George ride down at the starting line. Looked really relaxed and smooth as he hit his line down the first 100 yards from the top. Camped next to him on Saturday nite. Easy going and laid back.

Little (crazy?) trooper, DJ lid, no pads and a hardtail.
Don't let the BMX helmet and lack of pads skew your first impression of me. This is my first ever race, first ever time on a "downhill" course. I've never dirt jumped or slalomed, and I've never ridden a BMX bike in my life. I ride a Specialized Hardrock daily commuter, and my Kona for messin around campus or the occasional trail ride. Crazy for not wearing pads? Sure. But I took my time and allowed for no injury.

I did not race to place on the podium.
I did not race to find out how I measure up to other riders.
I did not race for any sponsors.

I raced for BRacing cuz he was eager to take me to an event I'd never before experienced. I raced for my own well being because I will consider trying anything for the first time (one of my life's mottos).

I met a number of different types of people at the race from juniors riders and their parents, sponsored riders, others riders who talk trash and diick around, and still others who I'd like to see again at races b/c they are responsible enough to have good clean fun at the campsite.

Thanks to the organizers, the course marshalls, start and finish crew, the registration crew, and of course Team Wrong Way for putting on GGG in 04/04/04.

Cheers
-Dung

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Dung,

The remarks about you being crazy were a compliment. That course is fast as heck, and tough on a hardtail. We were all impressed that you braved it nearly naked.

With a race this local 90% of the participants are guys that know each other. Trash talking and goofing off is as much a part of the event as the racing itself. That IMO is one of the cool things about DH. Everyone is on your side, even if they are talking smack about you.

......and Juano is gay keep your eye on him, he might try to put the moves on you.

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by wddung

Don't let the BMX helmet and lack of pads skew your first impression of me. This is my first ever race, first ever time on a "downhill" course. I've never dirt jumped or slalomed, and I've never ridden a BMX bike in my life. I ride a Specialized Hardrock daily commuter, and my Kona for messin around campus or the occasional trail ride. Crazy for not wearing pads? Sure. But I took my time and allowed for no injury.

Cheers
-Dung
Sorry, I meant it in a good way. I even put up a 2nd pic of you since someone knew you. I hope u like it.
I'm a 'trail' rider usually, and I would have not even tried to talk myself into doing this course on my hardtail. :D